Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know brisket....and this ain't it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know brisket....and this ain't it...

....sigh....I set myself up for dis-appointment....
    Took my lovely bride to the local Montana's.
    A western motiff cookery up her that prides itself in authentic Texas and western cookin....
    They've been trumpeting about theyre new Texas brisket samage so i gave it ago.
    Roast beef....may have been a brisket at some point but cooked and cut like deli style roast beef.
    Reheated and drier n a pop corn fart.
    Anyway I was ready for this but dis-appointed none the less.
    So visiting Canada and see Montana's purveying brisket....no bueno....
    That being said the rest of they're "western" menu is quite passable especially the ribs.
    Coors Lights on tap for a reasonanle price too.

​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

When I lived in England our local friends raved about a Mexican "chain"... it wasn't Mexican... well it kinda was... but the salsas were all sweet and lots of other funky Englanized flavors. But I did wear a cardboard sombrero while I ate

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      smokin fool guess I'm just sayin' that sometimes places try, especially places far from the source, and still end up popular or successful to those who don't know what the real deal is. It's a shame, but not much you can do about it

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      You nailed it, ignorance is bliss, I would hazzard over 90% of the population around here has never tasted a properly smoked charcoal or pellet or stick burner brisket.
      Not they're fault, just the way it is.

• Clawbear57
      Clawbear57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well smokin fool I see you have a big job ahead of you. Teaching the Canadians what real Brisket taste like.

It happens!!!! Sorry about your experience. Unfortunately it seems to be happening more frequently now.

Comment

Sounds like a case of "it's all relative", compared to what most people in certain areas know and have access to, it's great BBQ. Sadly most BBQ joints near me are the same way. A few notable ones are popping up that actually do great work, but so many people in my area are easily impressed with anything covered in sauce called "BBQ" that these places remain popular. Dickies comes to mind.

And there's an "internationally famous" donut shop owned by the local cops (and they play on that irony) near me that also serves "BBQ" and, while I haven't been there in a long time, last I tried it, it was crockpot pork and super cheap tasting sauces. Yet, it has stellar reviews. I don't get it. If I went into the biz of selling mine I'd make a killing if that's my competition... but then the local cops would hate me...choices choices...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here