Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prices of NYC Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices of NYC Pizza

How much would you pay for a slice of pizza?

Somebody with time on their hands decided to apply data science to their pizza eating habits, after spending $1244 in the name of metrics.

They spent $6.53 for a slice of pepperoni pizza at Times Square, but most pizza slices range around $3/each or so.

SOURCE: NYC Slice – Liam Quigley (elkue.com)

I know I've spent around $4-5 at a gas station for a slice. I don't mind spending for convenience, especially if it has pepperonis.

Comment

I spend $4-5 from a local chain that does NY style slices, depending on toppings.

Comment

A plain slice in NYC is famously (coincidentally?) "tied" to the cost of a single subway ride, so $2.75 at the moment and climbing to $3 in the near future.

Comment

Place at work charges 5 bucks a slice, 2 for 7 but the whole pie for 14…ask me why I need to lose 50 lbs.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what you get for paying attention in math class! 🤣😊

You’ve got to be kiddin me! $5 fer a piece of pizza. There are some things that don’t add up in my calculator of a brain. $6.53, in yer dreams.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            Some NY slices are the same size as a medium pizza from Dominos... most won't fit 1 slice on a single paper plate. That's worth 5 bucks if 1 slice fills ya up

Nobody around here sells it by the slice. Problem solved, just buy the whole thing.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            there was a NY pizza place in the Springs when I lived there that sold by the slice, I just can't remember the name of it. I google searched and nothing looks familiar, but it's been over a decade since I lived there

My anecdotal evidence matches his experience. $3-4 for a plain slice in NY (from an 18 inch pie) is fairly standard.

That slice from Artichoke definitely has the Times Square tourist premium built in (and their Sicilian slice is their best slice but that’s neither here nor there…)

Comment

In the Chicago burbs, they sell for right about $5; however, it is generally a very large slice.

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
              mrteddyprincess commented
              Editing a comment
              All the doctors recommend eating LESS than one piece of authentic Chicago pizza..."Da Bears!"

Can't quote exact prices, but I've yet to have pizza in NYC that wasn't worth what I paid for it...

Comment

Never been there, but if I saw a good slice for 4- 5, I’d probably buy it.

Comment

Usually the only time I'll get just a single slice is when it's my first time into the eatery...
                I'll eat it on the spot so see if the place deserves my patronage and finish it while waiting if we order more. Or just walk out...

Comment

A large pepperoni pizza at my favorite NYC pizza place, Juliana's, is about $30. Will feed two good eaters. There are much cheaper slice joints than that but not many pizza have come close to theirs.

Comment

What is the price of Sbarro these days?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here