Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just saw that Arby's is selling wagu burgers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw that Arby's is selling wagu burgers.

Don't know if this is new 'cause I seldom go there, and I didn't see this until after I had ordered...

Does anyone know how long they have been doing this?

Has anyone had one and what did you think?

I'm thinkin' that wagu doesn't mean much in this case 'cause I don't think the word wagu is regulated in this use...

It always sounds better when Ving Rhames talks about it, but I'm skeptical.

Comment

Boneless Skinless Wagyu Burgers does sound pretty good.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Just how God intended.

Linda and I go there every 3 to 6 months. We previously went with more frequency then they discontinued the doublestack Reuben. The regular just isn't worth it after you've had the doublestack.

I recall seeing something about a burger in the drive thru but I can't confirm or deny anything as to it's origin. I am always in the copilot seat and my view of the drive thru menu is normally obscured.

I will endeavor to recall the burger the next time we head in that direction.
      I wonder if they have a doublestack burger...
      Last edited by Allon; November 25, 2022, 11:58 PM. Reason: Ahhh. The unrelenting spell checker confrontation.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221126-022508.png
Views:	264
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1333971

It's true!
        I'll sacrifice myself for them sake of the Pit and sample one (just keep saying "only one please") at the earliest opportunity.

Update:
        The wife has cleared the flight plan to Arby's this evening.

Okay, maybe two...

🍔🍔
        🔥🔥

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Lawd those pictures make me hungry. No way I'm riding the bicycle in the rain to get a burger.

I had one last time around and was really impressed. They were gone before I could get another (like a week or two). It’s a darn fine fast food burger. If you like heat, try a side of loaded diablo fries too. Best two things I’ve had at Arby’s. If you cannot eat a two star Thai dish or b-dubs mango habenaro wings (or the two above those on their scale), you might not enjoy the fries.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
          DogFaced PonySoldier commented
          Editing a comment
          Good comparison on the heat level - the mango habanero sauce was my go-to at B-Dubs (when I went there), but it left me burning and sometimes a bit sweaty - that was as hot as I like to go.

• Allon
          Allon commented
          Editing a comment
          Curly fries!

Well crap…..Im thinking Arby’s!

Comment

Color me skeptical.

According to Arby's the meat is 52% "Wagyu". I suspect that after all the toppings and sauces are applied it will taste like most over the counter burgers, just with a higher price tag

YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkhuna View Post
            Color me skeptical.

According to Arby's the meat is 52% "Wagyu". I suspect that after all the toppings and sauces are applied it will taste like most over the counter burgers, just with a higher price tag

YMMV.
            Ditto that - not to mention that 'American wagyu' I think has become such an overused term, and the breeding stock in some cases is so watered down, not to mention the feeding/lifestyle of these cattle in America is nothing like what I've seen being done with the better-raised wagyu in Japan...

I honestly don't think most of the wagyu being sold as 'wagyu' in America is likely anything overly special, for the above reasons.

Comment

Arby’s has real meat? Last time I ate there I swore it was man made……

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                The man clearly says "WE HAVE THE MEATS!"

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                Steve R. he is in marketing!

• McFlyfi
                McFlyfi commented
                Editing a comment
                "Soylent green is people!"

Originally posted by Bkhuna View Post
              Color me skeptical.

YMMV.
              Locally for me:
              Arby’s Deluxe Wagyu Steakhouse Burger: $6.99
              Hardee’s Original Angus burger: $6.59
              McDonald’s Deluxe Quarter Pounder:$7.09

I see equivalent prices to their competitors non-Wagyu burgers. Personally, I’ve never seen the draw to Wagyu ground beef and I’ve tried it a few times I never felt anything special. You want a Wagyu experience get a good steak or roast. However, the Arby’s sandwich is a really good fast food burger, IMO.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here but does the flavor of the Waygu beef itself actually taste different? I had assumed the steaks were so highly sought after because of the high fat to meat ratio. If so then couldn't you basically get the same thing as a Waygu burger by just making a really fatty blend?

Comment

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My personal experience (all 50/50 Wagyu/Angus) is that the meat tastes pretty much the same, but is quite a bit more tender and juicy when cooked. In my experience Wagyu fat seems different, like it melts at a lower temp. When I get what appears to be an exceptionally well marbled or fatty choice steak or buy higher fat ratio ground beef the results feel greasier to me and sometimes still end up tough/chewy.

Got to be better than the McRib.

Comment

Update:

They flight plan to Arby's tonight has been recalled.
                  I really feel like I just went 5 rounds with a street tough after I escaped from dialysis today.

This is an update. Had this been a real update you would have been advised to evacuate and PM me your address and when you're returning.
                  Last edited by Allon; November 26, 2022, 03:04 PM. Reason: I edited today for several reasons. What they were i couldn't say....

Comment

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How you doing today? Better, I hope!

• Allon
                    Allon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm okay, thanks @Mosca...

Didn't know there were waygu cats...

Comment

• Allon
                    Allon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Konichi wa meow.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here