Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Texas BBQ Tour - for those looking for some adventure on a bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Texas BBQ Tour - for those looking for some adventure on a bike!

I think i could get behind a Texas BBQ tour like this 😎 however, I don’t think 2 days is doable if you plan on eating BBQ! Heck…the last thing I would want to do is get back on the bike after putting away some brisket and sausage! But, if we can arrange the BBQ towards end of day, late afternoon then chill in a hammock for a nap then enjoy the evening! Hey that sounds like a plan!

I know there a number of others that ride, so thought I’d share this - fun read with some nice pictures of the Texas landscape and one of BBQ!

The Texas BBQ Tour overnighter provides the full Lockhart experience, an area known for Texas gravel as well as Texas Barbeque...
    Last edited by barelfly; March 2, 2022, 09:32 PM.

Oh man, I thought you meant like, "bike"... Ha!

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahah! Come on! Like…bike….with some serious HP coming out of your legs!

Bikepacking & BBQ is doable. But not racin or trekin. But with Q you would have to mosy on down the road.
    Last edited by FireMan; March 2, 2022, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d say that 100 mile route would be fun over 3 days if it would work out to hit the BBQ spots right. One a day, in the afternoon so you could camp the rest of the day. Still could do that in two days as well. 50 miles a day isn’t bad at all. That’s actually a nice pace to be able to take the country side in and enjoy.

So…you up for it this fall 😜

I could do it, as long as the BBQ Joint gives me a 110 to boost my battery.

I'm not one for Bucket Lists, but I may have to check this out next year.

I like how it mentions to be aware of loose dogs. I have a small dowel rod just for that. I had a medium sized dog the other day with his mouth on my lower left leg. Dang thing didn't break the skin, but that is the first one in almost three years of riding that tried to EAT ME.

Thanks for the link!!!
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 2, 2022, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! So….here in New Mexico, plenty of places, where there are loose dawgs! Gets your heart pumpin quick! Haha

Good job peddling the tour!

Comment

It would ruin my high

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here