Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Map Shows The Most Popular BBQ Style In Each State. There’s a Controversial Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I can say pretty definitively that Texas style BBQ is not the most popular in Florida. Without a doubt, that crown is held by Memphis Style. I'm a data scientist (I have an MS, Data Science degree) in my day job, and just reading through the article made my skin crawl. Basically, I think that the only conclusion that one can make is that there is a lot of interest in brisket right now, and so it makes sense that Texas style is showing up so frequently, but that doesn't necessarily correlate to what a person's favorite style of bbq is. Same thinking regarding their conclusion that Houston is the BBQ capital of the US simply by the number of restaurants there. If that were the single metric I was going to use, I'd at least normalize it by population. But, all that is probably just me being picky because its my field, and I don't imagine that fatherly.com actually employs a data scientist.

Comment

I love all styles but Mass is predominately KC Style.

Old School BBQ in Boston is Italian sausage, steak tips, or lamb grilled and served with hot cherry peppers. It was BBQ to me until I knew better.
      Last edited by Old Glory; May 29, 2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Sad to hear this...But, hopefully, yer out there, changin minds, one bite at a time...

Please, do take into account that this is from a man who was borned a scant few blocks away from Gates, an Arthur Bryants...

Us Hill Folk never cottoned us to no Sugar Tit BBQ, Nossir...

(This includes th Baked Beans, BTW!)

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a place called Redbones it used to have a combo called "The BBQ Belt" Texas Beef Ribs, Texas Brisket, St Louis Ribs, KC Baby Back Ribs, Sausage, and Memphis Pulled Pork. They don't do it anymore but it was amazing. I could eat it all in my 20's now it would feed me for a few days lol.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        That there sounds like an amazin meal to tuck into, Brother...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here