Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places I've tried in Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places I've tried in Minnesota

Dickeys not my kind of barbecue. I don't want to cut them down too much, but I don't recommend.
    ​​​​​​Z's Smoking Bones I believe the brick and mortar is closed, the trucks are still running. Never cared for them.
    Famous Dave's used to be decent for a chain, but in my opinion has gone downhill in the last few years. Best thing to say is there's probably one close by.
    Big Daddy's good. Had better, had worse.
    Bakers Ribs definitely worth trying, very good.
    Q Fanatic go there. Now.

Barbecue comes and goes in Minnesota, what was there today may be gone tomorrow. I could name a few more, but they aren't around anymore.

Every time I go to Minnesota I do as the locals and eat Walleye .. lol. It's good, but in northern Minny it kinda reminds me of Bubba from Forrest Gump talking about shrimp. In the cities, and this isn't BBQ, but I love me some Manny's Steakhouse. I've taken clients there and never been disappointed. It's not exactly eating on a budget, and it's certainly not sticky Q, but damn those guys are pros.

What city is Q Fanatic in? I'll give it a shot next time I'm there. FWIW, I'm from Alabama. The folks I work with and I have been up there many times, and we often joke that it's Alabama north when it comes to food because y'all fry anything edible. Have made a ton of friends up there over the years. Great state.

Comment

• jgreen
      jgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on Manny's! Great steaks.

Never had BBQin MN. But, I steer clear of Dickey's and Famous Dave's in Illinois. I think the chains expanded with little-to-no quality control.

Comment

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave's used to be OK. When Dickeys came in I tried it a few times and decided I liked Dave's better. Not as much anymore.

Skelly Q Fanatic is in Champlin, but apparently one in Minneapolis now. I have not been to that one.

Walleye is king, no doubt. I rarely order it because I catch my own.

Manny's is outstanding. There was recently an article in the Star Tribune about how they got started and why they are still around. I don't go often, too expensive, but I've never been disappointed either.

Comment

• Skelly
      Skelly commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! Doesn't look more than 1/2 hour outside the city on the map.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here