Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ludington Bay Brewery - Ludington , MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ludington Bay Brewery - Ludington , MI

I thought I'd written this up already, guess I didn't.

Went there last summer (2019) seen a smoker out back as we walked up, had no idea it was a BBQ place when we decided to go there. Well it's really not a "BBQ" place, it's a brewery with a full menu with BBQ & steaks and tacos and such on it. I ordered the brisket with low hopes, because you know, restaurant brisket.... It tasted like mine! I was very impressed. It was a touch tough, and sliced with the grain instead of against (at least my slices but that could be from the overlap of flat & point), but really who cares. It was very good. Excellent smoke presence IMO. Great peppery rub. It's as if they knew I was coming.

At Ludington Bay Brewing Company, our mission is to consistently provide our patrons with an exceptional beer drinking experience.

Also they brew their own beers, and they have lots. And they're as good as any I've tried anywhere. I tried a rye one which they call Ry-Fi. Never had a rye beer before, it was incredible! Had 2 or 3 then lost count! Also tried a different one, called First Curve. Excellent s well. It was so good I bought 4-pack to take home. No Ry-Fi in cans or I'd have snagged it up too.

Anyway, if you find yourself on the beautiful west coast of MI in the beach town of Ludington, please give them a try. (If I can find the pics I took I will post them)

I can't say I would find myself in Ludington, but you could send me a case of beer!

Comment

If you're out that direction, strongly recommend you swing down south a fuzz to Fennville and look up Waypost Brewing. Awesome awesome little brewery cranking out beers that I'd put up against the MI big boys any day.

Comment

Ludington is such a great place. My family and I did the trip around Lake Michigan, and Ludington was r favorite stop. We also ate at the brewery And enjoyed it.

Comment

I've heard great things about Frankenmuth brewery, apparently great German style beers.
          MI Holden group used to have a Pontiac G8 Meet there yearly which I swore I'd make one year just for the beer never mind the cars. Haven't heard it mentioned in a few years now. Too bad.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Frankenmuth is great! Great beer. Fun town, especially in winter. Also where Greta Van Fleet is from.

We went back here a year or so ago and sadly I was quite disappointed.

Granted, it was the pandemic restrictions lifted, can't find help era, and staffing wasn't great. But there was no brisket on the menu any longer (boo!) Got a pizza, it looked ok but was quite sad, tasteless. My son's pizza was different and was quite sad and tasteless too. NOT at all the place we remembered, food-wise. I hope it was simply the staffing issue and they were limping along on their way to their former glory.

Atmosphere, still great. Beer, still fan-freeking-tastic.

So until I go back and once again taste the place as it used to be, I can no longer recommend eating here. Drinking their beers, heck yeah. I highly recommend their "RY-Fi" Rye IPA beer, wonderful.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here