Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy's, Milan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy's, Milan

Not sure how this place came to be. It isn't even a barbeque joint. It is a very small hole in the wall greasy spoon diner that unless you know is there, you will miss. I understand they used to have one in Monroe and one in Saline as well, but those closed when the original owner sold. The new guy keeps the one in Milan open.

Even though it's not a traditional bbq joint, they make a pulled pork sandwich that is their claim to fame. People come from all over the place to get them. When family comes to visit they ask for Roy's. We have used them to cater anniversaries, baptisms, and picnics. 'Cater', as used here, is loose. Basically, you buy the sauce, pork, and slaw in tubs and put it on your own buns. Their sandwiches are big, the slaw is perfect, the sauce is bold. No idea how they cook the pork, I suspect it's braised.

Anyway, worth a taste if you get out this way.

Roy was a crotchety old guy that had lots of restaurants all over south eastern Michigan. Their is still a Roy's in Ypsi. Though the one in Milan is closer to the character and quality of the original. My favorite is the Big Squeeze with Cheese. Roy was hard on the waitresses - verbally abusing them the whole time. RIP Roy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here