Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat BBQ, Lansing MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat BBQ, Lansing MI

Was in Lansing MI for a family reunion in a nearby small township and I goggled for good BBQ places in Lansing where the hotel was. I found Meat BBQ in the Old Town section of Lansing.

We didn’t want to just be good at smoking meat. Everything has to be out of this world. We have crafted some of the best sides and drinks Michigan has ever seen.

This place is a cozy smallish restaurant and boy was it packed, wait time was at least 45 minutes and we were there early. We went in June so it wasn't a college crowd entirely (Lansing is the home of Michigan State). They sell out of a lot of their BBQ on a regular basis apparently and when we went it was no different. I had beef brisket and pulled pork. I thought both were awesome. They were moist, tender and flavorful. What I really liked was their serve their meats without sauce but they have sauces on the table if you wanted to experiment. They have good handmade side dishes as well.

Anyway, if you are ever in Lansing, I recommend checking it out.

They have expanded since you were there. And they also have a very nice selection of Craft Beer and Wine. Solid BBQ, great people, and the ONLY place in town to grab a Beer with your Q.....

Comment

Agreed! Meat is the 'Go To' place in Lansing. Pros - fresh, quality, great flavor, strong sides, nekkid meats. Cons - long waits at peak times, they run out of stuff. But even mentioning that is like picking the white out of chicken poo. This pick is from dinner there a while back. Looky that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Meat.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	270675

Comment

Welcome to the pit! We are happy to have you. Never thought of Michigan being a hot bed of BBQ. Hopefully the north is changing.

Comment

Welcome DHRacing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here