Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can't Believe This Guy Ate the Whole Thing !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Can't Believe This Guy Ate the Whole Thing !!

For you Detroit area folks you may be familiar with Noah's Smokehouse in Dearborn. Looks like they have some really tasty, true Texas Hill Country style barbecue. Anyway this comp eater that I watch on YouTube occasionally by the name of Joel Hansen takes on a 13 pound barbecue challenge. Has to eat it all in one hour, and does so in 37 minutes. It's pretty close to about as much food as I've ever seen a human eat in less than an hour, that would be major pain in my gut to even eat half. That platter could easily feed 10 people. I guess if you're in the area, visit Noah's for some free grub, that is if you can down it all.

Wow. No way i could get that down but it does look good.

Comment

I watched through the first bite. And then I just...couldn't. Good barbecue, to me, is something to be savored slowly. I didn't want to see all that good stuff treated like cheap commodities.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Precisely. To me those things are the definition of "just because you can doesn't mean you should".

The 3 or 4 samosas and I'm done for a while. They did look good.

Comment

I will have to put this place on my radar. I have a doctor in Dearborn. I've eaten at a shawarma place there but didn't think to look up a Q place.

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh……shawarmas, yum. Back in the day, Falafal King in Westwood, Ca (just outside UCLA) made the best shawarmas and fried chips. Their gone now….boo hoo.

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Spent a fair amount of time in Dearborn. 2006-07. Working projects for Ford. Stayed at the Marroitt. Kinda cool, old hotel which has been restored, sort of. Close to the Ford Test Track. Ate at few places. Don't ask me names. At one joint I recall, the evening sports radio show broadcast live from there. Nice touch but they talked Detroit sports, YAWN. Was not into Q then, but this place sure looks good.

Unreal. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. Even net of the bones, that's a lot of food! But as noted above, that is kind of a waste of some good looking Q.

Comment

I'm pretty full after a half rack of ribs and sides. I can't imagine how miserable someone would feel after eating all of that.

Comment

I can't imagine the "movements."

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably best to do it somewhere besides your own house.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Personally I think the guy went and ralphed it all up in the restroom.

He left the pickled onions and pickles at the end of the video.
            "Gluten" for punishment?
            Alkselser, Rolaids, Pepto Bismal anyone?

Comment

Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals.

Comment

I couldn’t eat that in a week!

Comment

The aftermath...

Comment

I know someone that ate the 72 oz steak challenge at the Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, TX. You have to consume the shrimp cocktail, baked potato, salad, roll, butter, and the 72 oz steak in 1 hour. That plate of bbq dwarfs the steak in Amarillo. Someone needs to have a German chocolate cake, coconut cream pie, or chocolate donut challenge. That I might try that.

Comment

And for you Canadians, here the son-of-a-gun is eating 18# of Texas style barbecue and sides at Beach Hill Smokehouse in Toronto. Guy’s a human disposal 😂

Comment

I’m at a loss for words….

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here