Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan's winning in the BBQ roundup, keep it up wolverines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan's winning in the BBQ roundup, keep it up wolverines!

Texas is trailing close behind, but Michigan seems to have the most BBQ posts so far!

I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Go Buckeyes!!! Although the news that our Heisman candidate QB is likely done for the year has me contemplating drinking at 9 AM

Comment

Originally posted by FLBuckeye View Post
      I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Go Buckeyes!!! Although the news that our Heisman candidate QB is likely done for the year has me contemplating drinking at 9 AM
      I hear ya. I came here to get away from the bad news to see this ... In here ... My favorite new site. Geez. What a way to start the day. I did hear rumors that JT Barrett will fit into this offense like a glove. Go Bucks! Michigan Sucks! Jim

Comment

Forgive me but isn't this about BBQ joints? Are you saying we suck as a state? A people?

I'm not following this but as I've said I'm not a very smart man.

Kindest regards,
        jon
        Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 19, 2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Forgive me but isn't this about BBQ joints? Are you saying we suck as a state? A people? I'm not following this but as I've said I'm not a very smart man. Kindest regards, jon
          Relax brother. Apparently you are not a fan of college football and the biggest rivalry in all of sports. Generally speaking, this is good fun that is spewed back and forth between us Buckeyes and the Michigan fans. Jim

Comment

Ohh, I got it
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 19, 2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Down south (and increasingly out west) we view the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry much as we do "Eton and Harrow" "Etruscans and Umbrians" "Harvard v Yale" or more generously "Hatfields and McCoys" -- surely an important rivalry for the participants but of little real consequence to those of us in the real college football world. Now...back to some Q

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                FLBuckeye commented
                Editing a comment
                Must be a $EC fan. Cam Newtons dad says hello

IBTL lol lol lol I'm not a fan but can feel this coming

Comment

<FACEPALM> Yes this was about BBQ joint information posted in the states categories. I see now my use of the word wolverines has caught the attention of some! Some folks are as passionate about their ball games as their BBQ!

But I guess a little trash talk never hurt anyone.

(GO WOLVERINES!)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n11397[/ATTACH] OK Huskee. I will cheer for my favorite Wolverine.

Comment

Go Hugh Jackman!

Comment

Originally posted by fracmeister View Post
                      Down south (and increasingly out west) we view the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry much as we do &quot;Eton and Harrow&quot; &quot;Etruscans and Umbrians&quot; &quot;Harvard v Yale&quot; or more generously &quot;Hatfields and McCoys&quot; -- surely an important rivalry for the participants but of little real consequence to those of us in the real college football world. Now...back to some Q
                      LOL! Haters gonna hate! Go Bucks!

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                        Jon Solberg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "Go Bucks! Michigan Sucks!"

"Haters gonna hate!"

Really hard to give you cred at this point dude. All in good trash talk fun. hehehehehe

Lets see you do some bbq!
                        Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 19, 2014, 07:38 PM.

I love me some Brady cHoke. Hope he stays at scUm forever. And his OL coach Funk (his real name). They do a BBQ event up at the big house every summer as a recruiting event. Have a hilarious pic of Brady covered in BBQ sauce but the file is too large to upload. Here is the link though https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...1-&fr2=piv-web

Comment

• 3DJ
                        3DJ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's CLASSIC! I couldn't agree more. Long live the hokey pokey!

As for the original focus of this thread.... Maybe there are just less Texans on here because they have such good BBQ that they don't smoke their own. After all, I started smoking because I couldn't find decent BBQ since leaving Texas.

As for the impending College Football season, Hook 'em Horns

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1165.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	11528

Comment

• 3DJ
                        3DJ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I bet you are excited, got a great new coach down there! I'll be keeping an eye on your horns!

Jim

• The Burn
                        The Burn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No doubt. Now if we could develop a QB, I'll be really happy.

• FLBuckeye
                        FLBuckeye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I saw an article today about Coach Brown picking Swoopes over Barrett (the heir apparent in Columbus). Tough to get a good evaluation of high school kids I would think. Lots of 5* studs don't pan out at all

Go Green! Rose bowl Champs! Now lets start planning our fall tailgate BBQ strategies, and all play nice!

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                        FLBuckeye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        See you in East Lansing on November 8th. I do love Dantonio from his stint in CBus as DC in the NC year. No playing nice...lol

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here