Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT Smokehouse- Sturbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Smokehouse- Sturbridge

BT Smokehouse has all the right vibes, but on this one visit, didn't fully deliver. Looks feels and smells like a classic roadhouse. Half a dozen old, rusting homemade smokers dot the back yard. Two pitmasters watching over a larger, cabinet sized smoker that appears heavily modified and borrowed from a moonshiner, with good smoke aroma. Very busy at lunchtime, mostly with local customers and a smaller number of tourists off the nearby interstate.

Inside, there is a counter with pumps holding house bbq sauces (all thin style), condiments (onion, carrot habenero salad, etc), takeout containers and so on. The menu is remarkable for its range and creativity- especially the sides. Very friendly staff, and the owner is there working the line.

As to the food, the portions are large and arrived naked. The brisket is warming under a heat lamp and cut by the owner per order. Some smoke flavor, but in all three meals (brisket, ribs and a pulled-pork) the bark was heavily charred and that flavor overwhelmed the senses. An off day? A culinary choice?

Graded a "B", and worth a second trip.

Interesting... Boston Globe Magazine has an article on top rib places today... This one was called out for "best brisket". Considering the article, I felt the writer got the list all wrong. I suppose they are writing more for Boston hipsters than real human beings. I was in Sturbridge last Monday and this place was closed I noted (the wife and I had other plans to be sure). Just beware that in spite of being peak season, lots of places and eateries in Sturbridge are closed on Mondays... And BTs is no exception evidently.
    Last edited by JPP; August 17, 2014, 11:20 AM. Reason: fix typo

Comment

I think they went out of business

Comment

I believe it is open. I heard good things about this place. Will have to check out next time I head up to Treehouse Brewery.

Comment

BT's is open.
          My daughter and boyfriend brought a smoked turkey from there for Thanksgiving

Comment

Since a recent post I thought I would bump this. It's in Sturbridge no where near 128 and East. I have not been there but do intend to go. The issue is my wife. She most likely will sit there and drink water. So anyone in a reasonable drive want to do a mini-meatup here, it's right off I-84 on Rt. 20. Top rated in Massachusetts. Yea, it ain't Texas. But it is supposed to be good. And beer is beer, right?
            A plus it is BYOB.
            B.T.'s Smokehouse is a roadside BBQ Joint in Sturbridge, MA, offering your favorite BBQ meats.
            Last edited by RichieB; February 22, 2023, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Allon
              Allon commented
              Editing a comment
              Sturbridge isn't too far for me and my bride.

There's one in Worcester as well. I know exactly where it is. I can't imagine any parking near unless there's some behind it.
              It's located at a very busy intersection very near Crime Central, Worcester style. Anything you want, for a fee.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here