Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dogs & Hoggz, Falmouth MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs & Hoggz, Falmouth MA

We visit Falmouth a lot in the summer. I had seen the Doggz & Hoggz storefront but never checked it out. This summer we were there around the Fourth of July, which is as busy as it gets on the Cape, so there's lots of time to sit and look around while you're crawling through traffic on Main St. That's when I saw the smoke and caught the familiar aroma of BBQ in progress...

Parked near the sidewalk under a tree was a big ol' Lang...right in front of Doggz & Hoggz. I pulled over to take a look. Mike, the owner, came out to show me around his pit, then the store. They were getting ready for a big nite at the fireworks with their mobile cart, and the Lang was loaded with chicken. After the pit tour, I followed Mike inside and met the rest of the crew. A sample of the pulled pork with homemade sauce was enough to convince me to come back the next day.

With the family in tow, we sampled more pulled pork, brisket, ribs, and a stuffed quahog. All were really good, although my son informed me that I make better brisket (what a good boy!). They also had smoked turkey legs, which looked tasty but was way more than we could handle at that point. The hot dog menu is extensive, and I'll be trying that on my next visit. Overall, the food is solid, the menu extensive, and the vibe relaxed.

Mike told me they have a lot of summer customers who call ahead and tell them what time they'll arrive, then pick up bbq on their way to their cape destination. If you've ever tried to find a place to eat on a weekend in the summer in Falmouth you know how attractive an option this is. They were preparing several large-party orders when I was getting the tour, so if you have a lot of people descending upon your summer home, they've got you covered.

Since becoming spoiled by my own BBQ (thanks to you folks!), I'm not as wowed as I would have once been, but Doggz & Hoggz is a welcome alternative in Falmouth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	368750Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0301.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	368751Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0298.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	368752

Great write up Carol! Thanks for sharing. Great to see some local guys using the Lang to crank out some awesome Que. It sounds like you have your boy well trained to know that Momma makes the best BBQ in town!

BTW what are Quahog ribs? I would also love to stop in for a Lobster Roll!

Comment

• carolts
      carolts commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that sign cracked me up. If he did grilled lobster that would really be something! My son's main objection to the brisket was the texture and trim. He's pretty critical when it comes to brisket, and mine doesn't always meet the standard either!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here