Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Food Truck / Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Food Truck / Restaurant

Hello Everyone!

I hope this is the right place for this post. If not, it can be moved.

My friend and I are thinking about starting up a food truck in Louisiana or possibly opening up a restaurant. I was wondering, if you were going to start one, what BBQ recipes would you suggest? We have a BBQ place in town that's ok but people are starting to go out of town for BBQ. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Food trailers over hear in Texas require Health Department regulations and inspections even in our small town. That is to say you have to have a lot of additional equipment on board likes sinks, waste water storage, fire suppression equipment. Have a good friend who started with food truck a year or so ago and got his name and reputation out to the public and a year later owns 2 separate locations in our town. Had a hand up on most guys because his grandfather was the meat market man and had some commercial style BBQ pit smokers but it was all him. Produce great tasting consistent BBQ and you will be on the road to success! Only downside I see to outdoor food trailers is the lovely heat and humidity in south Texas and Louisiana keeps me from stopping in at food trailers during June July and August......My self proclaimed nickname is mad dogs and Englishman..... only go out in this 109 degree heat! Good Luck.

Comment

Contact PaulstheRibList

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya beat me to it Jerod.

Yep! Paul is man for this one. Check out this thread for his journey. It has been a great ride, this dude is doing it right!
      Last edited by Spinaker; July 27, 2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        One of my favorite threads.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Me Too! RonB

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude!!!

thanks

Comment

Grill Master Dave I'm excited to hear about your interest in the BBQ Food Truck world! Hit me up and plan a trip down here to Lake Charles and we'll give you some insight from our little journey!

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Grill Master Dave - that sound like an offer you can't refuse!

You won't go wrong with pulled pork and beef short ribs on the menu. Pulled pork sammies are a staple, and no one can say no to those short rib dino bones straight from the Flintstones.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here