Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubba-Q's - Ottumwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba-Q's - Ottumwa

I find myself in the southeast corner of Iowa, and there are no breweries, so I decided to look for some barbecue. I found it half a mile from my hotel. This establishment has a twin in Pella, apparently. The menu is huge, and they cover far more than barbecue. I don't know, maybe you have to do that to make it in small town Iowa. Mostly the food besides barbecue I'd say is grilled, so it's in the same family anyway, but there's other things like pasta and flatbread (?) too. The only ribs they have are baby backs, but otherwise pretty much any traditional BBQ meat you can name.

Anyway, I went with the two meat dinner plate, which comes with your choice of meats and two sides, plus Texas toast.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180326_193014.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	473196
    Chopped pork, brisket, cole slaw, and baked beans. All in all, solid barbecue. This guy has been doing this for a while. Nothing was dried out, the smoke wasn't too heavy, good flavor. Tender. This was flat, and I gather the point is used for burnt ends (available daily while they last). In fact, the only real knock I have was the beans. Too saucy, too sweet. And that's just me, I know some folks like them that way. Actually, the beer selection could be better too, but again, small town Iowa probably likes their macro brews. The sauce is unremarkable.
    ​​​​​​
    The above plate plus iced tea was under $20 including tax (tip extra). I would go back.

That actually sounds like a great find to me! I've eaten out of vending machines when I arrived late in my weekly travels when I was on the road every week! enjoy!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here