Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Chicago for a FAST Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Chicago for a FAST Trip

Hi, I will be "home" this weekend, but it’s a fast turnaround. Anything worth exploring River North-ish fro Friday night? Saturday is spoken for (funeral) and Sunday is pub crawling from River North to Rogers Park, so anything along that route as well. I have no problem heading to the South Side, just hope my pals want to join.

Following

Comment

Here is a good place.

Otherwise, find a good Chicago deep dish pizza?

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        The New Yorker in me says "Is there such a thing?"
        😁

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Them’s flighting words!!!

🤣

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        OK NOW….. there is good Chicago style deep dish pizza and this crust pizza. Last night I had thin crust from Gino’s because we were hangry and it’s right next door to my hotel and it didn’t take an hour to cook. We can talk pizza on another thread. Which, honestly, I would love to because when I am not studying BBQ, I study pizza.

Anytime I go back "home", I usually fill up on dogs, beefs, gyros, and pizza. Both regular and thin for the pizza. I can make my own BBQ, but no matter how hard I have tried, I can't even come close to getting the staples of a Chicagoland diet right.

Comment

Its out of the way, but hitting up calumet fisheries for some smoked shrimp is never a bad idea.

Comment

Pizza, good pizza in the windy city,

Comment

Maybe Meathead or Max Good can help w/ a good suggestion too.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              I was hoping to hear from them and troymeister. We are headed out to Elmwood for ceremony. Then have the afternoon to ourselves with a dinner reservation at a bougie Italian place in the Mag Mile neighborhood (my brother made resos).

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              There is Pequod's on Clybourn...One of my favs.

Sorry for your loss.

Did you end up finding any culinary gems in the windy city during this trip?

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Just a bunch of bougie places that my brother likes going to. We had Gino’s Friday night (mag mile location), The Smith for afternoon cocktails, Boss something for sloppy beer and shots, Quartino for Italian, Sunny Side Up for breakfast on the last day.

Johnny’s Beef in Elmwood Park is excellent for lunch

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish i knew that then! We had a car, too!

I forgot about the Italian beef.

My personal favorite is Beef Shack.

Comment

Ricobenes breaded steak sandwich was my downtown favorite.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here