Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaican Soul Restaurant Savannah, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamaican Soul Restaurant Savannah, GA

Looking for some non BBQ love? We just ate at Jamaican Soul while doing some laundry. It us a small place in a strip mall. I had curried goat and collards, wife had jerk chicken and cabbage and carrots. Really, really good. If you are in the area, check it out!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-11-16.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	778274
    Last edited by klflowers; December 12, 2019, 11:03 AM.

Love me some curry goat!

Comment

Need pics !!!!

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, we were pretty hungry so the only pic I took was after we ate on the outside of the place.

• Greygoose
        Greygoose commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife has more food pics than she does of me and the kids !!!!

We have a large Jamaican population here in the GTA so there are many Jamaican jerk huts.
      But I'll be in Montego Bay on Monday for a week, first stop, the Jerk Hut for jerk chicken/pork and a Red Strip.
      Second stop Rice and Peas with ox tail....and a Red Strip.

Comment

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        Pictures please! I'm trying to convince my wife we should go to the Caribbean (Jamaica specifically) next year.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do, Its been our island of choice for the last 6 years.
        My wife wont go back to the Dominican or Cuba because of the language and food.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        And a Red Stripe... Can't go wrong with that!

Love me some Jamaican food!

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I cook quite a bit of Jamaican food (my rice and peas is actually awesome!) Also, there is a Jamaican hole-in-the-wall a block away from the Bronx courthouse that I take out from every time I go to court there

We have not seen this one. Will check it out next year. Did you try Sisters of the new South? Soul food. Yum.
      Last edited by HawkerXP; December 13, 2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Haven’t been there yet. I’ll put it on the list though.

When I lived in Jackonsville there were some very good Caribbean restaurants. Excellent goat, roast pork, and some chicken that was probably the best chicken I have ever tasted. Definitely not something we have up here in the Northwest.

Comment

My grandma is Jamaican so I grew up on curried goat, stewed cabbage, and jerk chicken, love it all!!

Comment

Just whipped up a jerk rub to put on some chicken tomorrow, to cook on Sunday.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	48A71AF1-6666-437A-88EB-49E669EBB018.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	778727

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here