Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ in Savannah Ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ in Savannah Ga

Driven past this place tons of times. I could smell the smoke but couldn’t find the building. We’ll I drove around and finally found Smokey’s Bar B-Q. For me the first test is pulled pork and baked beans. So much meat the bun fell apart. Beans were good too. Look in dictionary under "hole in the wall" and you’ll find this place. You can get your hair permed next door if you want. Click image for larger version  Name:	3BE6D209-8331-461F-8237-818365B4C271.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	683069
    Last edited by HawkerXP; May 23, 2019, 08:38 AM.

My kind of place.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      You order from the enclosed side porch thru a house window. Told her I had smelled their smoke for years. She said that's her lure. Uses the smoke to reel then in.
      Will be back for another try.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine too.

Great find. When we camp at Skidaway we usually do a few side trips to eat there.

Comment

Hahaha, when I clicked on your post all I could see was your comments and the first sign. When you said you could smell the smoke I instantly thought of burned hair.

Comment

The Pork and Perm. I like it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here