Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to Hotlanta next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to Hotlanta next week

So, work is sending me to Atlanta next week (7/23). I know that there will be one dinner with the group, but for the rest of the week, I want to find a couple of decent places. Good news is that the company will reimburse my meals. Any suggestions?

Twin smokers downtown. Smokers were made in Texas (Oylers) so they gots to be good.

Comment

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

• dtassinari
      dtassinari commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. Looked up J&R manufacturing and the Oyler smoker. That's some impressive gear. Too bad it won't fit in my balcony...

Suggestions... eat well and often.

Comment

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      Never a problem!😋

I visited Fox Bros BBQ, nice place with good food.

Comment

• MillerTime
      MillerTime commented
      Editing a comment
      Fox Bros. also made the NY Post list of "top 28 BBQ restaurants in America", and if you are into baseball their food is served in the Terrapin Taphouse at the new Braves stadium.

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      Added to the list --Thanks!

Ebony & Ivory is good and shows up on Yelp lists as a top spot, but it can be a little hit or miss. I would stick with a Fox Bros or something like that. And two thumbs up for SunTrust park!

Comment

Went to Twin Smokers for dinner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2308.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	352068Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2309.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	352069 I had burnt ends (Brisket) and pulled pork. My youngest son (15) had Brisket. Interesting; he said my Brisket was much better. I thought the burnt ends were a little dry, but the pulled pork made up for that by being wet and a little mushy. The bark had no substance to hold it together.

I really liked the smoke with hickory and white oak. The Smokers were impressive. The sides were great! My wife (not a fan of anything smoked) loved the Mac&Cheese and the pickles. The coleslaw was good and the collard greens were great.

Sauce for everyone. Spicy, sweet&spicy, vinegar, mustard, sweet, and something called southern? They did have white vinegar with hot peppers steeping in it -- this was a great dressing for the collards.

I'm glad I went and the food was good, but it's a once-n-done for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here