Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revisiting My Culinary Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revisiting My Culinary Roots

4 of my kids and I are at my mother's in Columbus, GA this weekend. I never go to mom's without going to the Dinglewood Pharmacy for a Scrambled Dog. To this day, when I think of the Scrambled Dog my mouth waters. Bun, dog, secret chili recipe, onions, cheese, oyster crackers, pickles, Tobasco sauce, and mustard. This place has people standing in line for a table every single day they are open and has for my entire life. Picture below is my daughter Mia at the head of the table, my mom Louise, my daughter Bret, my son Mack, and my son Jaco (long hair) getting ready for a fantastic treat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sign copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.02 MB ID:	1238813 Click image for larger version  Name:	fam copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.22 MB ID:	1238815 Click image for larger version  Name:	dog copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	1238814

Oh man. WINNER! Definitely a knife and fork doggie. Yum.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Jfrosty27 they serve it with a spoon. I lick the bowl when I'm done, lol.

Nice family pic! But your culinary roots have gone to the dog!

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bro!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      as all things should

Looks awesome! Something to try next time I am in Columbus.

Comment

That sounds awesome!

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        It's well worth the heartburn, Captain.

Dude, I'd give one or two of those a go.
      More and more the old food haunts are disappearing in my area, love to see excursions like this.

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        I had two today. Didn't finish the second one, but just couldn't say goodbye to the flavors. If they ever close this place and don't share the chili recipe to the world I will be suicidal.

That's sounds and looks awesome

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Brother I hope you get to eat one one day

Gluttonous pleasure!

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Tb I would love to meet you there some day

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be all in for that!

Might be worth a bite or two.

Comment

Nothing better than experiencing local culinary treasures,,,,,

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          A treasure indeed.

What’s all in it? Looks tasty.

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          steamed dog, bun, onions, cheese, pickles, secret chili recipe, oyster crackers, tobasco, and mustard.

• WillTravelForFood
          WillTravelForFood commented
          Editing a comment
          No ketchup? Hard pass.

Making great memories with the family. love it! Those youngsters will remember.

Comment

Looks great! I’m headed that way in October, and intend to check it out.

Comment

Great lookin' family! Great lookin' food!

Comment

• hoovarmin
              hoovarmin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, DJ

I’d love to have one of those. It’s been along time since I anything from a secret recipe. What a healthy happy family, your doing things right and it shows.

Comment

• hoovarmin
              hoovarmin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you bro

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here