Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any restaurateurs / caterers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karon Adams View Post
    especially the ones on the backroads of the South.
    Sounds just like Kent!

Hickory Pitt.
    "BBQ from the deep south"
    of England

You can have that one on me

I think you can go one of two ways with Englishness:

Either you somehow mess with the recipes - like adding in English ingredients like horseradish or English mustard (risky!) or are there any quintessentially British cuts? Pitt Cue Co like to use slightly unusual chunks of animal...
    or
    Add some UK angles to the sides

Personally, I think you might be messing with what people love about BBQ if you tinker too much with the recipes. I think BBQ should be full-on Yank, at least until people round here appreciate how good BBQ can be. So I'd go more for UK sides - but that's just me. And I haven't thought about it that much...

Oh, and loving Karon's idea about pictures of the queen in hunting gear!

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      "I'd go more for UK sides"

Mushy baked beans ... might want to hold off on that ...

You might consider joining the National BBQ Assn in the US. Most of the members are restaurateurs and caterers and some competitors. We just held our annual convention in Jacksonville, FL and I was a speaker. There are several sessions focusing on the BBQ business.

You might also check out OnCue Consulting run by Amy Mills. They hold classes and seminars on catering, etc. http://www.nowoncue.com Tell her I sent you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here