Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

InsideOut Patio - Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InsideOut Patio - Toronto

Hey All,

I just wanted to give a shout out to a store that I bought something at recently, as they gave me first-rate service. The store is called InsideOut Patio (insideoutpatio.ca), and I went to their Castlefield location. I dealt with Sam, the owner of the store. I wanted another charcoal cooker, and he showed me the various products that he carries (BGE/Primo/Weber) and told me the various pros and cons of each. It is clear that he has cooked a great deal on the various products that he carries as he was able to tell me their strengths and flaws from first-hand experience. In no way was he pushy about anything at all, even telling me several times that there was no need to buy anything at this particular time.

In the end, I bought a Weber Summit Charcoal cooker from him. The purchase was a breeze. Loaded the cooker up and took it home. I assembled it the next day and found a scratch in the enamel inside the firebowl. Not the end of the world, but I did not put it there and I was a bit disappointed to see this in a brand new cooker. So I called Sam and sent him a photo of it. He told me that he would look into it and would get back to me. Within a couple of minutes he called me back and asked if it would be ok if the Weber Sales Rep stopped by my house to take a look (apparently the rep and I live fairly close together). Of course I said ok, the rep stopped by last night and long story short, Weber will be sending me a new bowl as soon as they have some in stock.

Keep in mind that I do expect problems with products from time to time. How a retailer and a company deal with these problems is what keeps me loyal to particular stores and brands.

I have never had such a high level of service at any store, for any product I have bought, period. I have already recommended Sam's store to my brother, who is in the market for a grill, and my in-laws, who are looking to get some new patio furniture. If you are looking for a grill (or anything that lives on a patio) and you live in the GTA, you should seriously consider stopping by InsideOut and seeing Sam and his staff.

Proper! Its nice to see retailers that "get it". Its the formula for business success... they don't sell you a product, they are selling a solution to a problem and it speaks to the character of that retailer that keeps you coming back again and again. Simple, really... but far from common unfortunately.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here