Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Miss BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Miss BBQ

This is probably the first and only BBQ joint in Arizona that is true to "old time backyard BBQ". Please check out what the Arizona media has to say about their BBQ here; http://www.littlemissbbq.com/media.html Scott has suffered the passions of a long time BBQ'r most of his life. He worked for a good freind of mine in the construction business for many, many years and after acquiring several Championships he broke into his own very small, quaint spot in 2014. He serves from 11 AM until it's gone which tells you he cooks to serve only. He does not serve left overs, reheated BBQ or freeze his product. He only serves FRESH BBQ and that's the difference and that is why his lunch visitors are lined up outside his joint waiting turns for their lunch. I highly recommend this spot to all and be assured that if you have out-of-towners that want great Arizona BBQ take them to Scott's.

I visited this BBQ establishment a few days back and was very pleasantly rewarded with some really great BBQ. I highly recommend Little Miss BBQ to anyone in the Phoenix area that is looking for some fantastic Texas style BBQ. Make sure you get there early though, we waited in line for roughly an hour after we arrived at 1:00 PM (yes it was worth it!) and they were selling out by 2:00 PM on some cuts of meats.

Comment

My son & I visited here a few weeks ago; It was AMAZING! Best brisket we ever had! Get there early, the wait is about an hour but well worth it. Good food, friendly people.

Comment

I've heard great things about this place. It is literally 3 minutes from my work and the line starts easily by 10:00. Overtime I drive by the line winds into the parking lot and nowhere to park. The line was even long a few weeks ago when it was +105 here. I am hoping to get there someday soon.

Comment

Took one of my clients there for lunch. We got there at 10:35 and the line was already over an hour long. By the time we got to the front of the line (a little after noon), they were already running out of brisket and pulled pork. They were going down the line and announcing what they thought would be gone, but they started a few people behind us (whew).

Client said "yeah, yeah, yeah" while we stood in line. When we got to eat, his tone changed immediately. Brisket was the most tender I've ever had. Ribs were better than mine at home, and that doesn't happen very often.

For sure, the best BBQ I've ever had in Arizona.

Scott's dad is trying to manage the parking (not near enough - people are waiting in the left turn lane on the street for long periods of time) and offering water bottles to people in line. Fortunately, my client has a vendor right across the street, so we parked over there.

How to get it without waiting so long? Order by the pound for pickup after 10:00 AM. Take it back to your office, where you've arranged lunch for a whole group of people.

Jim

PS - Definitely time for a bigger place!

Comment

My wife and I went there in June. Excellent BBQ. The owner couldn't have been nicer. He showed my around his pits and talked to me about BBQ. At the end, he secretly gave me and my wife a free smoked pecan pie which my wife still talks about. Check them out!!!

Comment

Lil Miss BBQ is everything that everyone says it is!

Got there last Tuesday at 11:00 and waited in line for an hour. But, the meat definitely was worth the wait! I got the 'lean' brisket, ribs, and pulled pork. Just wanted to sample each, so I took it to go, sat at the picnic tables out back, and chowed down.

Best brisket I've ever had! Moist, flavorful, and absolutely no need for sauce! Their spareribs were excellent, as well. But the best of all was the pulled pork! Words fail, trying to describe tender, juicy, shreds of pig meat!

Probably the best BBQ in Arizona, from what I can tell!

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                That's some high praise!

My wife and I went to Lil’ Miss BBQ for lunch today. The food was really good but the ribs were salty. Friday and Saturday they sell beef ribs so we tried one. Our order was 1 beef rib (.8 lb), 1/2 lb prime brisket - flat & point sliced, 1 sausage, 1/2 lb ribs and 2 fountain drinks. Our bill was $51. This was our second visit. The meat was tender with good flavor. I can see why they get great reviews. We also had some complementary pickles and sliced onions.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Randy-Phx
                Randy-Phx commented
                Editing a comment
                On Thursday the special is house made pastrami.

I got a big pre-order in for Saturday! Can't wait!!

Comment

Little Miss is the best! If you order over $100, you can preorder and skip the line, just pick it up between 10:30-11. You have to order 1 week in advance though...
                They just opened up another in the Sunnyslope neighborhood as well. The line isn't nearly as long there and they also serve dinner (at least this was all true pre Covid...).

Comment

I agree. I had their BBQ at the Windy City Smokeout in Chicago. It was definitely one of the best I tried that day.

Comment

Any new news here? Am in Phoenix, went there 3-4 years ago. outstanding. Still?

Comment

• yakima
                      yakima commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Checked out Pizzeria Bianco at Town and Country location. Excellent. Make their own mozzarella at each location. Burning pecan, about 750 degrees.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here