Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caldwell County BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caldwell County BBQ

First Mea Culpa please as I have no photos of the food or the place. My excuse is that my wife and I were meeting friends from college that we hadn’t seen in 20 years and got caught up in eating and visiting instead of snapping pics.

The name of the BBQ joint is Caldwell County BBQ. They have 4 1,000 gallon propane tanks that were converted into stick burners. I sampled their brisket, pulled pork, and sausage along with their Mac-n-cheese and coleslaw.

I spoke with one of the cooks for a couple of minutes before my buddy arrived. He told me on their briskets they used the central Texas salt and pepper cooked them at 250 cooking nekkid until done then wrapping in butcher paper and putting them in warm room until serving the next day.

The menu has a number of sandwich items with various combinations of their smoked meats. My wife went with a pulled pork sandwich where I went with brisket and sausage. When purchasing the brisket you can select flat or point. I went with point.

The brisket was tender, moist, and flavorful. Really good. I also liked the smoked jalapeño sausage a lot too. The pulled pork was quite tasty as well, however, the brisket stole the show. They had three sauces which I deferred on using, however, my wife and friends all preferred the original "House" BBQ sauce. The jalapeño mac-n-cheese was quite good, however, the coleslaw was somewhat pedestrian and sweeter than I prefer (I like more acidic and savory coleslaws).

All that being said if your ever in the Phoenix area I’d recommend it and if I’m ever back will stop by again.

Sweaty Paul
    Attached Files

Nice!

Comment

Great write-up. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! 👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here