Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Syke's - Bessemer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Syke's - Bessemer

My wife & I stopped here for dinner on a recent road trip. Bob Sykes is easy to find and just a short trip off the interstate. The place was clean and the service was quick & helpful. Dinners are a good value here - BBQ pork sandwich plates with sides can be had for less than 9 bucks. Sykes has their grille right in the front near the entry - an awesome sight for a BBQ lover like me!

We both chose pulled pork sandwich plates. The pork was good & flavorful. Not fatty at all. But there was sauce already on the meat. For me, that kinda kills the BBQ buzz. But my fault for not asking for it 'nekkid.' On the other hand, there was not enough sauce on the sandwich for my wife. And there was no sauce at the tables to add. The lower bun for my sammich got saturated with liquid - not sauce - it kinda disintegrated mid meal. The sides were OK - I got some lima beans and they were outstanding. But the slaw was just OK. My wife wasn't to impresses with her sides either.

All in all - I'd go back again. Unique places like Bob Sykes are an experience that cannot be duplicated.

Where is Bessemer?

Comment

Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
      Where is Bessemer?
      Just a few miles west of Birmingham on US20. Sykes is just 2 minutes south off the exit. Try it if you're in the area!

Click image for larger version

Name:	102_4551.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	52394

Comment

I live in Hoover about 10 min from Syke's. I've been several times. Yes they always serve sauce on which is the way I like being from around Memphis but I have never thought it was great. I've always had a good experience there - the staff are always friendly. To be honest, there isn't any just must try Q, IMO, around here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here