Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the road and need some quick advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the road and need some quick advice

Anybody who has been to Big Bob Gibson's, what is the one thing I should get as a first-timer? I'm passing by Decatur, AL in a couple of hours and plan to stop in. TIA.

Mt first thought was the white sauced chicken....

Comment

• Skelly
      Skelly commented
      Editing a comment
      This would probably be accurate. I live in Alabama, have only eaten there once, but the chicken was top notch. You can get good pulled pork in a lot of places, but they invented the white bbq sauce on chicken.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with Jerod, but maybe they have a sampler plate.

I ended up getting the Big Bob Gibson sampler plate with chicken leg quarter, ribs and pulled pork. I tasted the white sauce they had on the table before ordering and didn't much like it, so I didn't want to go straight chicken for the meal. Really tangy and just overpowering straight from the bottle. The chicken they brought out had just a light coating of it, and it was pretty darned good.

The pulled pork was exactly the way I like it. The kids loved it and said it was like what I cook at home. They really know how to butter up their old man! I may have made pulled pork that good on my best day ever, and this was probably just ordinary by their standards.

I saved the ribs for last. Oh, man, those ribs... hands down the best I have ever eaten.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Sauce nekkid many times fools ya.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update, Steve R. ! I was going to ask this morning.

My cook today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7086.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	331288

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Lookin' Cook!
      Pull yerself two, mebbe three 'attaboys' outta th' Petty Ca$h drawer, Amigo!!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here