Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cartoon #12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cartoon #12

These cartoons are commissioned exclusively for members of the Pitmaster
    Club and they are (c) AmazingRibs.com, all rights reserved. Please do not
    post them to other websites

For docblonder, by Jerry King

Click image for larger version  Name:	Smoke.jpg Views:	1 Size:	644.4 KB ID:	300320

Inconclusive.....

Too funny....

Comment

HAHA! This is so true. And us folks that wear coke bottle glasses, you won't believe what we put up with too.

Comment

• NortheastAl
        NortheastAl commented
        Editing a comment
        Especially when searing. Those little droplets of grease add up.

Hahahaha. Especially at the camp fire!!!!

Comment

Yeah, Lonnie mac, I always notice after eating how smoked over my glasses are. I guess I'm so involved in the cook & hungry, I notice the fog afterwards.

Comment

Along the same lines.....is the magnetism put forth, that sucks neighbors towards my yard.

Comment

Ever use a soldering iron, and notice how the smoke always seems to get in your eyes? Turns out your body heat creates a thermal plume, which draws in cold air (and solder fumes) towards your face and upward

Attached Files

Comment

Now that's something I didn't think of! I didn't like my Thermodynamics Prof. Probably should have studied it a little more!
              Last edited by kmhfive; October 9, 2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• gcdmd
                gcdmd commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you learn whether h*ll was endothermic or exothermic?

Docblonder is never without an explanation or graphic aids. Now if he can work out why mosquitoes always attack my wife but not me.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to The Pit!

Well, it took a year, but I finally have the answer:

invention, future, greg blonder,cBBQ, food science, genuineideas, toys, genes, darwin, growth of internet, venture capital, deep time

Comment

• holehogg
                holehogg commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks now I can be the Prof around the "Braai" when the question is asked.

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                +1000

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                Great stuff Dr B

"Attracted to the nearest curved surface. Which is your skull." Speak for yourself Doc but for a number of us that is our guts from too much Beer and/or Q!

Love the article and science! Thanks for the contribution docblonder !

Comment

So the solution is to create a larger than you blockage for the incoming air on the opposite side of the grill you are on.

Comment

Originally posted by Polarbear777 View Post
                So the solution is to create a larger than you blockage for the incoming air on the opposite side of the grill you are on.
                I need to invite Spinaker over, he'd tower over me and get the ol' smoky eye so I don't have to.....yes, yes....

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If we can fire the Yoder up....I am game!

Great analysis. Now I understand.

Comment

So if I got this right, I become a blockage that sucks in hot air. That figures.

Comment

• bten
                    bten commented
                    Editing a comment
                    better than being known for blowing out hot air (j/K) (Couldn't pass it up!)

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here