Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoker deal on. a Masterbuilt-Pro-MDS-230S-Dual-Fuel-Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoker deal on. a Masterbuilt-Pro-MDS-230S-Dual-Fuel-Smoker

Looks like a deal? I've got a smoker, but, saw this... https://www.homedepot.com/p/Masterbu...0412/303357555

I know it's over a year later since your post, but I'm curious if you bought it and what your experience is. I just got the same model as a gift to replace my Weber bullet that has been seriously space-limited and falling apart.

Comment

I had it for years until it rusted out. Nice but touchy. Used a welding blanket to keep temps stable. Nice unit for beginner.

Comment

• cdevito
        cdevito commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! What about it makes you say it's nice for a beginner? I fancy myself at least intermediate if not higher, but not quite a pro.

It is easy to use and keep stocked with water and chips. Once you have temps set it plugs on and not much fussing with it. Size makes it hard to do ribs as a rack will not fit in it. I used to hang them without the racks. Just flip them over every hour. Food has to be rotated if doing two butts or hams. Bottom is hotter and cooks faster. I like horizontal cookers better now. I have a RT700 Bull and a pit boss vertical that I got when Gander closed again.

Comment

• cdevito
        cdevito commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense, thanks.

I did not buy this, but have a similar one, propane & a window. I'm getting ready to move on to something else, pretty much what slimer says. I have to cut the rib racks in half, no big deal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here