Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just In Time Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay; Okay; I said I wouldn't do. I lied; I did it. I FINALLY drove by my Costco and saw there WASN'T a half mile long line out front. When I got to the line there were only 6 folks ahead of me.

Went in and got my Costco bacon, Madris Lintel Soup, and a couple other goodies. Decided to give the meat case a look see. Saw about 7-8 packers in the brisket section and all were PRIME beef. I found one at $49 and said "What the heck!" It was $3.49 a pound. Took it home and separated the point and flat, trimmed all the fat, and cut the flat in half. One of the flats will be cooked this coming weekend and the other one and the point were vac sealed and put in the freezer. I'll be doing some serious research on doing some 'burnt ends' as I've never done them or eaten them before. So I ended up with about 6 lbs of trimmed meat. So the end cost to me is just over $8/lb. I can live with that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here