Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more, weber cubes or newspaper !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more, weber cubes or newspaper !

Anyone see this yet or have one?
    Grillblazer | GrillGun | Su-VGun | Grill Gun | SuVGun. Light your charcoal grill in seconds or sear meat with this high powered propane torch! Awesome Torch!

Check out the sous vide gun to!

Comment

I’ve got one!!!

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome, is it as much fun as it appears?

Fun yes but when lighting coals it still takes a while. I still like cubes better because I can light and walk away and do other stuff instead of standing there holding a torch and waiting.

Comment

Neat gizmo but I'll stick with my $20 chimney and the wadded up junk mail that I receive every week.

Comment

I'd be arrested up here for possession of a prohibited weapon.

Comment

I don't think that would replace Weber cubes or tumbleweeds for me. I usually need that 20 minutes or so of being able to get other stuff together while the chimney lighter does its thing. I could see it being great for lighting the firepit, though.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I like to futz around while they're starting up too. Habit, ritual, all that.

I use this one. It probably isn’t as good or as much fun, but it costs a lot less. https://www.amazon.com/JJGeorge-Gril...83&sr=8-38

Comment

Cool gadget. One of the coolest hacks is setting a charcoal chimney on a lit propane burner.

Attached Files

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                A side burner on a gas grill works pretty well, too.

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                I have one of those - never used it for starting charcoal though!

I heard that if you bought one of the new Weber SmokeFire smokers, smoke a few pork butts on it, eventually it will burst into flame and you can use it to start your chimney for your kettle.....

Too soon?

Comment

• Razor
                Razor commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol, maybe...

Actually. I think it’s most useful for cleaning grates.

Comment

I'll save you some money.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_15320.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	813132

Amazing deals on this Electric Start Propane Torch at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Comment

This is a much better option. IMO.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Bernzomatic_TS8000_torch_01.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	813339

Comment

• Polarbear777
                    Polarbear777 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have both , they are very different in flame shape. The gun is more spread out and has more fine control and ergonomic. I think I still prefer the 8000 with the searzall for finishing sous vide if I don’t want to bust out a grill or even a chimney for 1 or 2 smaller items. These direct flame options are easy to mess up something with.
                    Last edited by Polarbear777; March 9, 2020, 09:05 PM.

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I never use it for searing. Just for lighting my fires. Great for making those small, hot fires in no time. I think the FOGO likes it almost as much as I do.
                    Polarbear777

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have one of these too, but a cheap Home Depot or Ace version. They're hard to beat in simplicity and affordability.

I ordered the sous vide gun and the grill gun through the kickstarter. When using a torch for searing, I used to just use the burnzomatic. The sous vide gun is significantly faster and more effective. I haven't used the grill gun yet. I plan on mainly using it for lighting a fire pit and any hot and fast charcoal cooks. Will still use starter cubes and/or the chimney for longer cooks with the SNS or in the PBC.

There is also the extra fun factor of basically having a gun like flame thrower. It is hard not to maniacally giggle when going full blast.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here