Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridiculous discounts on Thermoworks Smoke and Gateway today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous discounts on Thermoworks Smoke and Gateway today!

The Smoke is $69.30 today (reg $99.00).

The Gateway is $44.50 today (reg $89.00).

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

That is 30% off the Smoke and 50% off the Gateway! I've been toying with getting a Gateway....I don't need it, but I'd like it. Well, I just ordered one!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 3.16.59 PM.png Views:	2 Size:	162.8 KB ID:	792696
    Last edited by Michael_in_TX; January 17, 2020, 03:22 PM.

Yep saw that yesterday and shared with someone at church who had been asking me about thermometers. Unfortunately, its a younger guy (youth pastor) with kids, and even $69 was too much for him at the moment. I had originally recommended the XR-50, but this price on the Smoke is even less. He has an Akorn and was asking me to teach him about smoking versus just grilling, and I told him the first step was a good leave-in thermometer with at least 2 probes.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see it now. "Be respectful of the sermon by turning all phones and cooking alarms off for the next hour, PLEASE" Bogy, is it really a sin to monitor time and temps in church if the brisket has hit the stall?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      So you couldn't pass the plate for the poor guy?

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4, It's OK, as long as it's the preacher doing it. Especially if I'm doing a cook for the church! Actually, a few months ago when I was cooking brisket for a church dinner after the service, I checked how things were going, went and did the service (leaving my phone in my office, and then headed right back to check after the service. OTOH, is is perhaps not surprising how many people check their phones, even during a funeral service. I had a very upset member after my last funeral.

That's a great buy on a very solid device. It's downfall is the lack of probe ports. But if you don't really need more than 2 then this thing is excellent. Probably used more than anything in my inventory, I have yet to go through a battery in the 3 years I've owned it.

Comment

I have really appreciated my Smoke w/gateway. When I bought my Blaz'n Grills Grid Iron the guy I bought it from threw in a Fireboard, which is the thermometer I now use most of the time. I like them both, but I do appreciate the 6 ports on the Fireboard. But both units do a great job. The receiver that comes with the Smoke has a good enough range that at the house where I use it, I haven't even bothered with the wifi the last couple of times. I can sit at the other end of the house and still get a signal from the radio connection.

Comment

Still.. the P&P is the killer for me..

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Move

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Trump Country here i come Troutman ;-)

Makes me wonder if they have an updated version on deck once they clear out some inventory...

Comment

• Razor
          Razor commented
          Editing a comment
          You currently need a $89 wi-fi gateway to get this on the internet. If I were a betting man I'd say there's a new 2 channel Signals right around the corner.

• JoeSousa
          JoeSousa commented
          Editing a comment
          Razor Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Wonder if it will be able to control the Billows too?

• Razor
          Razor commented
          Editing a comment
          @joseSousa Good question. While I can't imagine it taking any great effort on their part to implement since the hard work is already done, I'm going to go with.... no.

My guess is they'll up sale you to the 4 channel version for that functionality. Think about it. If you want to have 2 probes in whatever it is you're cooking, you can't because one is used by the controller.

Great deal!
        I'm gonna pass seeing as I already have two ThermaQ and a ThermaQ WiFi...but I'm certainly going to pass along the info. Thanks

Comment

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          I really need a second Thermopen, or maybe a Thermopop, so I can keep one at each house. They have had some great deals lately, but with Christmas it wasn't a high enough priority with all the other money being spent.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Bogy I'm sitting with 2 thermopops and a thermopen. The Thermopen is in the outdoor kitchen and then one pop is in the indoor kitchen while the other is at the cabin. The Thermopops are great.

So a crazy thing just happened... I showed my wife this, and while I like my ThermoPro, it's not 100% reliable and this was a killer deal. Even buttered her up and said I'd get it in her favorite color. She said, why you need that!? With careful explanation she agreed it's important but was frustrated that this would be my 3rd wireless purchase in 10 years (I thought that was reasonable ), but the first one was a knock off ThermoPro. Next thing you know she goes, "What's the best". So I showed her some of the more expensive offerings and she said "well, why don't you buy that so you stop buying these stupid things"... which led to me getting the MAK wifi upgrade for a little over 3 times the price of this fantastic deal

So @Michael_in_TX thanks for posting this lol. Still wish I coulda snuck one of these into the deal, but even I know not to push the blessing I just got lol.

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          That is awesome. Well done!

I might have gone for it had I not pulled the trigger on the XR50 recently. Its remote unit is sitting on my desk right now monitoring the PrimoXL. I love the range I get compared to my older Maverick 732 which is, however, perfect for the cabin. My webcam makes the XR50 wifi-enabled too (I'm using this sub $20 model https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Plus it has the 4 probes which should come in handy. There's definitely an argument for the XR50 over the Smoke considering the additional probes and cheaper (though perhaps less slick) wifi upgrade. You can get the XR50 for about $70 too at Overstock.com after a 15% off code that they will send you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here