Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Racing Green Thermapen Closeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Racing Green Thermapen Closeout

British Racing Green Thermapens are on sale for only $79 till there gone!

If I'd have known I would have waited, instead of the brown. Tell you what though, for anyone who has been considering but been put off by the price: the difference between the Thermapen and the Taylors that you see in the supermarket are considerable. The Thermapen is much larger, and since heat follows inverse square you can hold your hand near the fire about three times as long. And you might not think there is much difference between 2 seconds and 5 seconds, but the Taylors are more like 7 seconds. In practice the Thermapen is right now. I put off buying it for probably 5 years or more, relying on the cheaper versions, and now I don't go to the kitchen or deck without it in my pocket.
    Last edited by Mosca; April 17, 2015, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
      If I'd have known I would have waited, instead of the brown. Tell you what though, for anyone who has been considering but been put off by the price: the difference between the Thermapen and the Taylors that you see in the supermarket are considerable. The Thermapen is much larger, and since heat follows inverse square you can hold your hand near the fire about three times as long. And you might not think there is much difference between 2 seconds and 5 seconds, but the Taylors are more like 7 seconds. In practice the Thermapen is right now. I put off buying it for probably 5 years or more, relying on the cheaper versions, and now I don't go to the kitchen or deck without it in my pocket.
      Right there with you all the way, Mosca... I finally gave into temptation and bought the brown just recently. oh well.

Comment

Mosca, CurlingDog, Thanks for helping them sell out Brown, so that another color was available,LOL! . I almost pulled the trigger on brown after i missed the St. Patrick Day sale on the two greens but decided to wait, although they all work the same and that's the main reason to buy one.

Comment

Thermapen is super nice when reverse searing with flames shooting well above the meat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here