Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

82 vintage cookbooks for free download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 vintage cookbooks for free download

I saw this article about vintage cookbooks that are publicly available and can be downloaded at no charge. I thought some of you might get a kick out of this too. An excerpt from the article --

"...There’s nothing quite like the nostalgia of an old cookbook. Though sadly, decades of use, spills, and neglect mean that few stand the test of time.... The collection includes an incredible assortment of culinary guides (hang tags, inserts, recipe cards and guides, cookbooks, operating instructions, owner's manuals and other promotional materials) dating back as far as 1851...." https://www.southernliving.com/news/...ook-collection

Here's a direct link to the cookbooks --

Last edited by IowaGirl; December 12, 2019, 10:13 AM.

Thanks for the link!

Comment

The unforgettable "Cow Brand Soda Cookbook and Facts Worth Knowing." 🙂 Thanks for the post. I am going to be reading quite a few of them over the next several days.

Comment

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        And there's the ever popular "Sixty One Uses for Salt with Some Comment on the Kind of Salt to Use" by Martha Elizabeth Stuart (wonder if our modern day Martha Stewart is related?) and "Frozen Dainties" by the White Mountain [Ice Cream] Freezer Co.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE old cookbooks! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Wow! Fun Stuff! Thanks!

Comment

This looks like a fun link. I have several old cookbooks but will probably download some of these. If you haven't seen it, James Lilek's Gallery of Regrettable Food, which pokes fun at old cookbooks, is hilarious. https://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html

Comment

• IowaGirl
            IowaGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a website of curious and unusual oddities! After checking out the food area, I explored the rest of the website -- what a collection of crazy stuff. Thanks for sharing, 58limited.

Im a history buff, it amazes me that in a book from 1917 is the same advice that modern keto/beach body diets give, so cool
          Attached Files

Comment

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            I was in college in the early sixties before I learned that macaroni and cheese was a side dish. My mother always served it as a main dish, apparently a carryover from the meatless Mondays and other meat rationing measures from WWII.
            Last edited by gcdmd; December 13, 2019, 10:04 AM.

Looks like I will have to get some Hood's Sarsaprilla to cure all of my ailments! This is really a neat site and , as a bonus, you can learn how to make things that no one can anymore, like potato yeast for bread. Preppers, here is your chance for survival!

Comment

Thanks for the post. So funny getting a cookie recipe and the cure for constipation all in one place!

Comment

What an embarrassment of riches for an old lover of vintage cookbooks! Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the links - I can't wait to dig into these.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here