Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20% off thermoworks signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20% off thermoworks signals

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

I saw they were having a sale on the signals/billows combo. They noted that the open lid detection is available but that awful app everyone talks about has really scared me away from it.... for now

Comment

I have some regret not buying this yet. Part of me says I got through an entire first year with my smoke, my blue dot single probe and a thermo pop. Another part of me says, buy a signal for 2020, a therma pen MK4 and a billows. But, not sure why I need them, other then, want. I am still in the buying of knifes, and indoor /outdoor kitchen gear. But, anyone in here have the smoke, and make the jump to signals? Was there no looking back, once you made the decision, or... I have gotten to the point on my long cooks, I could care less what temp says after I have my bark made. From there it is all just is it probe tender. So, I have actually gone away I think from using temps for the entire cook, or at least on the couple pork shoulders and even fewer briskets I have cooked.

Comment

I see the Smoke is 20% off too. There isn't a better thermometer for the $80, although my original smoke often had problems staying connected to the remote unit.

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

Comment

• JPGators17
          JPGators17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, I wanted to upgrade from the Smoke to either the Signals or Fireboard, and went with the Fireboard. Everything about the Fireboard is awesome, except for the fact that there is no remote receiver, just the app. The app is great, but the only alerts you can get are basically app alerts/text messages, so no loud alarm that would get your attention or, more importantly, wake you up.

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          JPGators17 Can you change the settings on your phone to make your alerts more obnoxious? My wife's wakes me up all the time.

• JPGators17
          JPGators17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Murdy I should probably look into that, I don't even know what sound options I have, I just assumed none would be more than the equivalent of a brief "ding" sound of some sort. Good idea.

Still astounded they released it without open lid detection plus all the other gremlins that folks discovered.

BTW, for those who bought one earlier, the upgrade will not download until Dec. 6. My son has one and he tried to update it and got a notice. So I am guessing they're shipping older units that will upgrade when you connect them up to the WiFi.

I like most of their stuff and have a pile of it. But I would suggest for all to take a look at other brands over Signals (e.g. FireBoard).

Comment

I finally sent mine back to them. Didn’t bother to tell me what the problem was, they just sent me a whole new unit, probes and all. Thought that was pretty cool but the jury is still out on the app. Going to give the new unit a try for the next few cooks. We’ll see.

I own the Maverick XR-50, FireBoard and Signals. Of the three the Signals is definitely the worst. In my opinion take a pass until they work the kinks out of it once and for all.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here