Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat

The hardcover version of Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat is a "Deal of the Day" (11.17.19) on Amazon today for $12.94. I have had my eye on this book for sometime and this is a true discount from the normal price. I just picked up a copy. https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Fat-Acid...mazingribs--20

Great book! The Netflix series is worth watching too.

Comment

My favorite cook book after Meathead's

Comment

Thank you. Finally got around to ordering it today with a little push from you.🙂

Comment

Gosh, I'm underwhelmed by this book and the Netflix series, what I've seen of it. I must be missing something. Since I still have the book (from the library) on my nightstand, perhaps I should give it another go. I must be missing something there too. Wouldn't be the first time.

Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; November 18, 2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I think if you are a pretty accomplished cook (like you are), this wouldn't really appeal to you. It introduced new ideas to me on preparing food. I have always been kind of a meat and potatoes guy, so the ideas she presents were kind of foreign to me. Just my take on it - for whatever it is worth.

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad I’m not alone. Underwhelmed is the perfect way to describe.

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            My take on the show was that: Fat was great (I am an Italophile), Salt was good (the soy sauce featured is AMAZING), the Acid was interesting (I am a Mexiphile as well... that honey is INSANELY EXPENSIVE), and the Heat episode lost me in the first ten minutes, between the butcher and the steak cookery. It's valid, but it's not optimal.

I have a moderate cook book collection that I haven't read all of. So, probably a pass, but there's always something to learn, so maybe not.

Thanks! Just ordered, that’s a great price! 👍

Comment

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Netflix series. Haven’t read the book yet.

Comment

Bought the book and am thoroughly enjoying it. I love reading cookbooks. Samin’s Approach is excellent. She does not talk down to the reader, but also does not view the reader as her peer either. I am by no means a chef or a gourmet cook. Just a simple home cook that feeds the family day in and day out and I believe I’ve gotten into a rut just following recipes. I’ve gotten away from implementing cooking fundamentals, so Samin’s book has "rekindled afresh" these concepts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here