Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butts 99 cents a pound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butts 99 cents a pound

If you live near a Food Lion grocery, whole boston butts are 99 cents a pound through 10-1:

I haven't replaced my freezer so I'll only be able to get one to cook this weekend...

Dang I am out of NC till 10/02. Might have to stop by the one we go by in TN on the 1st to see if they have any. Also watch that they are not the injected ones. Those are bad news in my opinion.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, sometimes Food Lion's deals are kind of sketchy. I am going to take a close look before I buy one.

Great deal! I always stock up when I see deals like this. I think I came across a butt I got last fall at Kroger, for about 90 cents per pound (buy one get one free at 1.79 a pound) - I had a dozen in my cart when I got that special. Need to thaw it out and make some BBQ!

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      There you go klflowers! Finding some empty freezer space for meat is always good. As long as the RV is plugged into the house power, you should be golden.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to check it often. A couple of weeks ago I mistakenly turned on both RV AC units and tripped the breaker in the house. Took me a couple of days to realize what I had done - the house breaker is 30A and will run both units just fine, but the inrush when they both start at the same time trips it. Having stuff in the freezer will make me much more careful...

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers I have a laundry room and rec room addition with a similar issue. Too many things strung on two 15A circuits, and if the washing machine is running, a window unit is running, the deep freeze is running, AND you decide to vacuum, or iron, boom. Circuit breaker trips! I usually just turn off the window AC unit in that room before I vacuum, and wife moved the ironing board to a spare bedroom. One day I will crawl under there and see if I can move the window unit to another circuit.

Thanks for the heads up. Kathy got the last three today and the manager said more will be available tomorrow. 🙂 The ones she brought home look good.

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't break an axle on the shopping cart tomorrow..

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora so that's why there's always that one wonky wheel....

Troutman no Food Lion here but that is my price point usually at Piggly Wiggly or HyVee to load the freezer with pork. What a great value pulled pork is at that price point. Of course my labor is free !

Comment

I'm not even in this discussion RustyHaines so congrats on your continuing value shopping. I don't buy commodity pork any longer. Call me a snob but I've got a pretty good and continuing source for Berkshire and Berkshire/Duroc without the added moisture and injections. Yea I pay two and three times more but you're still talking way under $5/#. Compared to beef I'll pay a little extra for quality pork.

But hey, if the $.99 stuff tastes good and works for you then more power to ya !!!

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        You have a refined palate. I am trying to get there but I got a ways to go.

Great deal!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Harris Teeter has whole Smithfield butts for $ .97/lb for 3 days only. Limit of 2. Fri, Sat, Sun. Deal applies for Vic Card holders.
          Last edited by smokinsteve; September 27, 2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

You guys are welcome. I picked up 3, average around 10lbs each. They are injected, but for 30 bucks, we will try the out. I'll report back.

Comment

My local Food Lion has that deal, but it's injected with an up to 12% solution of pork broth. I didn't buy any as I was headed to Costco today anyway and their butts are not injected.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here