Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KitchenAid Professional Series $80 Off at Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KitchenAid Professional Series $80 Off at Costco

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while now. This package looks like a good deal to me, $249

6 quarts. Nice. I'm gonna resist, but you (and Costco) aren't making it easy. Just last night I was mixing something in my 4.5 qt Kitchenaid Classic, and the bowl was barely big enough. But it's not a $250 problem.

Comment

Razor , that's the very one I'd get if ours ever dies. Ours was new in 1981 when we got married and has the Hobart name on it. Rock Solid.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Hobart rules, in my experience!
        Mighta cooked a place, or two...

I thought mine had died, but a cousin was in town and I got home from work and miraculously it was fixed, so I don't have an excuse.

Comment

I believe that's the same one we have. Got it at Costco about 4 years ago or so. It's been great.

Comment

I would if I didn't already have the Power Plus.

Comment

If you decide to get one (and I think you should), make sure you pick one with a color you like. Ours (looks like the same model) is 41 years old, has survived 11 moves all around the world, and is still going strong. It's neutral white and so hasn't clashed with any home decor or paint schemes ... yet ... (my wife says that’s important) ...
            Last edited by MBMorgan; June 26, 2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, now ya warn me, Brother! Heehee...

My Professional is Candy Apple Red, which, technically, should match any / all redneck / hillbilly home furnishin touches that I might come up with, though
              Reckon I'm Good, fer now...
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 30, 2019, 11:08 AM. Reason: c

I bought this same unit from Costco last year, at the same price. Very happy with my purchase. Grinds meat well, and helps stuff it in casings. Great sausages have resulted!

Comment

• DiverDriver
              DiverDriver commented
              Editing a comment
              Honestly, I think the Kitchen Aid sucks at sausage making. I prefer my hand crank Griswold Vintage 1918. Once I retire I will get commercial grade stuffers and grinders.

Got the last grey one. Now I have to keep my eyes open for the next time that SS grinder goes on sale.

Comment

I bought one about 5 years ago. It sat in the box for over a year, until I gave it to one of my sisters. I just don’t do enough of the type of things it’s used for.

Comment

• Razor
                Razor commented
                Editing a comment
                My wife thinks the same. That's why I went the Costco route. At least I can take it back.

If you're an Amazon Prime member, keep in mind that the 2019 Prime Days are coming up, July 15th and 16th. One can usually get some great deals.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Good point, an reminder...jus got th email, few days back, an appreciate th memory jog, Brother!

Good deal...I had one for years...but it seemed to go walkabout with the ex. LOL

Replaced it with a 7qt Pro Line and couldn't be happier.

Comment

They are awesome. I really don't use mine much, but when I do, nothing works better.

Comment

Great price on a solid mixer. Gears are metal and the motor is heavy. It’s the one to get!

Comment

Picked this up yesterday (Sun 6/30) for $125 off of CL. Wife is real happy. A couple week early anniversary. Some things ya do, feel good, this is one of em.
                    Last edited by FireMan; July 2, 2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Razor
                      Razor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ironically my wife was against me getting it. Now that she’s talk to a few of her coworkers she’s warmed up to the idea a little more.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here