Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Gas Grills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Gas Grills?

Do Weber Gas grills ever go on sale? I feel like sometimes they see a sale at Memorial or Labor Day. My OLD Genesis is about shot. I realy want to buy a new S-335 to replace it.

not in my neck of the woods. i'v only seen clearance items when big boxes clearing out at the end of the season. some folks here have posted deals, but they never seem to be in western new england.

Comment

FWIW, that Genesis is easily refurbished and every part is readily available. If I were in the market for a Weber gasser I would start with craigslist, depending on your locality there's usually an abundance of very decent grills.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMike View Post
        FWIW, that Genesis is easily refurbished and every part is readily available. If I were in the market for a Weber gasser I would start with craigslist, depending on your locality there's usually an abundance of very decent grills.
        Thanks Cap'n...I've refurbed the guts a few times. Right now the interior SS hood liner is rusting out and flaking. I am not sure how to stop that and keep it off my food. I need to first pull the whole thing apart probably and really scrape it out.

Comment

Extremely unlikely to see them on sale since they set guidelines for dealers.

Comment

Not unless it's a floor model, an end of season clearance or an end of model/line clearance. My brother snagged a Spirit 2 with an end of season deal last year. Of course, living in Central Florida, there really is no end of season for him.

Comment

Check at the end of the grilling season. We get them here in Minnesota quite a bit because everyone (almost everyone) goes into hibernation in the winter months. But that is a great time to buy a grill up here.

Comment

Definitely keep an eye on Craigslist. I scored my Weber summit for $400 on there. It was an $1800 grill brand new.

Comment

• Dan Deter
                  Dan Deter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Second that. Craigslist is the only reason I could afford a Summit.

End of season is about the only time they go on sale. I got a floor model Genesis II E-410 on clearance for $399 in January at Home Depot. I had watched it go from $899 to $699 to $599 to $399 after summer before I pulled the trigger. Now it’s $1049! I’m enjoying about double the space of my old 2 burner Genesis. I refurbed that 17 year old grill a couple years ago and it’s still going strong, but gonna hand it down to my youngest daughter when she moves out.

Comment

Well, I called Weber today. I am working on a hood warranty replacement. If that is a go, I intend to replace the burners, flavorizers, grates, warming and keep warm rack/basket. The floor of my grill is corroded all the way thru, so I am hoping to find a way to pull and replace that. Since the hood is SS, if they replace it, I'm keeping this grill alive. I really want the updated one with the control panel out front, but this will refurb for about 1/3 the cost of that.....if the cook box goes, thats covered for life. The hood is good under warranty for 25 years. My grill is a Genesis Gold B/C (2002+) purchased in 9/2006.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• TripleB
                    TripleB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That hood is in better shape than mine and I just refurbished it with everything you mentioned (plus wheels). The flaking May just be built up carbon.

TimmyR I have a Genesis Silver A, also made in 2002. It was their smaller 2 burner version with a an open cart, but with the same setup as yours.

On mine, the bottom of the cast aluminum box opens up to a slide in bottom tray, that is replaceable. Much like the current series of Genesis grills. It's replaceable from somewhere like grillparts.com for about $20 (I replaced it last year). Is your bottom really fixed in place? I would think it would be a slide out tray, like on all the other Weber gas grills I've seen, and be something you can replace.

I.e. you have the body, below that are two rails, and into it slides the bottom tray. The tray funnels down to a hole. The grease catch pan hanger hangs on the edge of the hole, and holes the pan below the hole a few inches.

Here's what I am talking about: https://www.grillparts.com/weber/gol...oduct_id=99250
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

• TimmyR
                    TimmyR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jfmorris - yup...I've replaced that before too. Thanks! I thought I posted my final pictures here somewhere. I rebuilt the whole thing except the bottom cabinet (well, I replaced the floor on it).

We want to start up the flame broil each period of the year. There will never be a wrong time to get your flame broil on! The web is packed with cooking content however it tends to be a test to locate the correct Barbecue motivation and instruction that accommodates your taste. [link deleted by Huskee]

EDIT: Huskee here ... this member has been banned for spam and the link in their post above was deleted by me. Please members, if you spot these types of posts, flag them right away and NEVER click their links.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                    Potkettleblack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The like is for Huskee

I have occasionally seen a "price drop" on Webers at my local Home Depot, but I don't know if it was a general sale, or them trying to reduce inventory. My Military Exchange does sometimes have Webers on sale.

Comment

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have only ever seen inventory clearance sales, not advertised, at my local Home Depot's here. I've checked online after seeing some of the sale prices in the store, and they never show online. You just gotta stumble into it. They seem to try and clear the larger grills out at the end of summer, through Winter, but not the 2 and 3 burner models.

• Thunder77
                    Thunder77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed. I remember seeing several four and six burner models on deep discount at HD. Smaller ones not so much.

Weber completely hooked me up. Sorry I was outta touch.....had to go ge a hip replaced and finished the grill overhaul the day before. Lid was covered under warranty. They shipped everything I paid for with the lid for free and gave me a wicked discount on some replacement parts. Grill is good to go for antother 12+ maybe!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                    fuzzydaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s great to hear. She looks great. Hope you are healing well.

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking great!

• Dan Deter
                    Dan Deter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sweet.

Is the Genesis II Weber's highest end grill?

Comment

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jfmorris I'm looking to upgrade from my Spirit at some point. I don't want to do it and again feel like I should have went higher end. Do I'm trying to figure out what's out there and what will make me happy. I may end up going higher end built in I don't know.

• Dan Deter
                    Dan Deter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a high end Summit b/c I got lucky on Craigslist. If you're looking for 5-6 burners and real estate I'd keep an eye on there for a while. If you're looking to top out at 3-4 burners then the Genesis II is a great grill to look at new.

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dan Deter I am looking at 4 burner grills.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here