Notable market specials in the greater Charlotte NC exurb - check your local sales flyers as well (YMMV).
I've been away for a few weeks, but I'm happy to be back! Work's crazy, but I was able to take some vacation time and go see some friends in Portland Oregon. A married couple who have been best friends with me for over 40 years. It was a joyous and somber trip: he's been battling metastatic cancer since last summer. The good news: he's already 10 months past his initial due date, so there's a lot of hope. According to her, the prognosis is there's no prognosis. They're in uncharted territory now, and the fight is starting a new round. Prayers!
Aside from that, Portland's a great area. I visited a Fred Mayer - a hypermarket chain local to there - and after struggling a bit to get a discount card account with them, discovered that my Harris Teeter card worked for all their specials! Apparently they're both Kroger sub-chains. Portland reminded me of my original home - I grew up in the mountain lakes area of Northern New Jersey, and the terrain is similar - including crisp fall mornings and warm days.
But enough about that, it's now October, and that means pumpkin spice season has been unlocked. It's everywhere. And so, for that matter, are pumpkins. I'm resisting the temptation to buy some to carve, since the kids are gone. Maybe.
STOCKING UP ALERTS:
I've been away for a few weeks, but I'm happy to be back! Work's crazy, but I was able to take some vacation time and go see some friends in Portland Oregon. A married couple who have been best friends with me for over 40 years. It was a joyous and somber trip: he's been battling metastatic cancer since last summer. The good news: he's already 10 months past his initial due date, so there's a lot of hope. According to her, the prognosis is there's no prognosis. They're in uncharted territory now, and the fight is starting a new round. Prayers!
Aside from that, Portland's a great area. I visited a Fred Mayer - a hypermarket chain local to there - and after struggling a bit to get a discount card account with them, discovered that my Harris Teeter card worked for all their specials! Apparently they're both Kroger sub-chains. Portland reminded me of my original home - I grew up in the mountain lakes area of Northern New Jersey, and the terrain is similar - including crisp fall mornings and warm days.
But enough about that, it's now October, and that means pumpkin spice season has been unlocked. It's everywhere. And so, for that matter, are pumpkins. I'm resisting the temptation to buy some to carve, since the kids are gone. Maybe.
STOCKING UP ALERTS:
- Teeter - B2G2 Progresso Soups - another HT BOGO, although not as good as the last sale. Again, they keep for years, they’re a good quick meal, and they’re a good base as we head into casserole season.
- Top Round London Broil (Beef) - $5.99 / lb
- USDA Boneless Beef Chuck Roast - $7.99 / lb
- 85% Lean Fresh Ground Round - $6.59 / lb
- Boneless, Center Cut Pork Chops - $2.99 / lb
- FL Bacon 16oz. - $3.79 / ea
- Jack O’Lantern Pumpkins - $3.99 / ea
- FL Russet Potatoes 5lb - 2 / $4
- FL Yellow Onions 3lb - 2 / $4
- Strawberries 16oz - 2 / $5
- Honeycrisp Apples - $1.79 / lb
- Corn on the Cob - 3 / $1
- Green Cabbage - $0.69 / lb
- Boneless NY Strip Steak - $9.99 / lb
- Sirloin Tip Steak Angus Beef - $9.29 / lb
- 93% Lean Ground Beef - $5.99 / lb
- Boston Butt Roast - $1.49 / lb
- B2G2 Progresso Soups 19oz => $2 / ea
- Boston Butt Roast - $1.49 / lb
- Fresh Jumbo Shrimp, peeled - $7.99 / lb
- Seasonal Apples in a Tote - $0.99 / lb
- Large Carving Pumpkins - $3.89 / ea
- Fri 10/2 - Sun 10/4
- Bonless Beef Chuck Roast - $1.69 / lb
- 85% Lean Fresh Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef - $5.99 / lb
- Red Grapes - $1.25 / lb
- Mandarins 3lb - $2.89 / ea







Comment