Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17.6lb bags of B&B Hickory & Oak Competition briquettes on sale at Wally World & HD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    17.6lb bags of B&B Hickory & Oak Competition briquettes on sale at Wally World & HD

    I'm too cheap to pay full price, (B&B is pricey), but they're selling 17.6lb bags for $10.46 per bag. I have plenty of charcoal, but managed to make room for 3 more.....
    Same price at both stores, but HD offers free shipping.

    #2
    I did find the Competition B&B briquettes which I like, so I put a few bags in my order. Same price. It says normally $31 for 17lbs, I dunno that it is EVER really that price, or that anyone buys it at that price, but I'll get enough to get me through a few months, maybe even through the winter.


    I just checked Home Depot, and they're selling the B&B Competition briquettes for the same.

    Comment


    • Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe that's what he's talking about here, the Competition briqs.

    • Skinsfan1311
      Skinsfan1311 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the Competition that I'm referring to. I don't believe that it was ever $31.00 either...

    #3
    My HD shows them at that price, but doesn't show that it's a sale, it appears to be standard price? Regardless, at 59 cents/lb, that's 3 cents/lb cheaper than blue bag.

    Comment


      #4
      My go to if I am not running lump - just grabbed a few bags. I believe this bag (orange / red white blue) is usually more expensive.

      Comment


        #5
        Well thanks for the heads up. I just bought three bags of it also from Home Depot as they deliver it free. Will be here Saturday. I still have like four bags of Royal Oak briquettes and lump in the garage. I have never used this before but hear so many of you folks that do some smoking talk about it so will give it a try. Probably will be storing most of it in the basement soon as we will be getting into some weather here in Michigan in a couple of months and then my smoking stops.

        Comment


        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Skinsfan1311 I used the B and B today on my big rib cook in the stick burner. I was amazed at how hot they got and burned to tight and long. I had to work to keep the heat down. And half the ash from my Royal Oak and Kingsford. These will be me go to for now on. Thanks for the tip

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7