Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs sale at Cheshire Pork: no code needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs sale at Cheshire Pork: no code needed

These are my favorite ribs, bar none. Imagine if Berkshires or Durocs were HUGE, and you didn’t have to say, “Well they tasted great but there were a few shiners.” Well, here you are. Myself, I don’t know if I have the room for them, and I still have a couple racks of full spares in the freezer. But I’m tempted anyhow.

Having never ordered from here, how big is the typical rack of St. Louis or Spare ribs?

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      About 3lbs for the St Louis, minimum is 2.75lbs. But if you get the full spares, you get the tips, plus the breast bone and trimmings for beans, soups, etc. Each full spare is about 5lbs. That’s how I usually get them. I trim them to St Louis + tips, if that makes sense; for me, the tips just rule. But I don’t think one deal is better than the other; I just want my tips, and I’m willing to trim the ribs myself to get them!

• mrichie1229
      mrichie1229 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mosca.

On your recommendation I have the St. Louis ordered. Thanks for the post.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me know what you think!

How much do you usually pay for shipping? Their estimate to ship to Colorado is as much to ship as it is for the ribs..

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here for the shipping to SoCal. More than the ribs cost. I'd love to try them, but.....

• tstalafuse
      tstalafuse commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosca, They don't even offer UPS Ground only 3 Day Select for $170.. I would certainly like to try them but $60 a rack seems expensive..

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that stinks. I wouldn’t pay that either.

I ordered the St Louie! Thanks!

Comment

They be in NC - UPS Ground for us here in FL is $23.15 for the Rib Sampler #1 (3 StLouis, 3 BBacks with no weight stated ). I suspect that they ship fresh (not frozen) hence the pricey (air) shipping to CO, CA and other yonder parts ...

Having shared this piece of obviousness ... Mosca - can you say WHY you find this so appealing? (as opposed to say, Porter Road with their pasture-raised pork?)

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t had Porter Road.

They ship frozen. Here in PA shipping is free; maybe it’s the price point for the full spares? IDK. They are dark red, beautifully meaty and sweet.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        We love Porter Road pork and buy the pork chops and other pork cuts often but every time we have tried their ribs we have been disappointed. Thin and quite a few shiners every time so we gave up on them for ribs. That might not be the experience for others but it has been ours several times, but again only concerning their ribs.

So those St. Louis Ribs are $28 a rack? Wow.

Comment

Ouch. Sounds good, but expensive and expensive shipping. I'm gonna have to wait till I can claim that $1.2BN lotto winning or something.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! To late. I have that ticket! 🤪

I would love to try these, but out of my budget at the moment. I gotta get 'em at Sam's or watch for a sale at Kroger/Fresh Market/Publix.

Comment

• nunyaz
          nunyaz commented
          Editing a comment
          jfmorris - Ditto ... $2.29/lb at our local Winn Dixie this week (Previously frozen and VERY meaty!) ... which is a no-brainer in the current inflationary climate. (wibs is wibs, amiright?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	413BC729-DC2E-48D3-BD0C-1F7DBE828098.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1361123 Click image for larger version

Name:	C3C4EF92-F831-452A-AFC5-18B5ED5CC3AC.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1361122 According to Mrs. H a box just arrived from Cheshire Pork! Ordered Wednesday afternoon, arrived noon on Friday. 6 frozen wacks o wibs! Free UPS Ground shipping.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; January 13, 2023, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm up in Massachusetts so I'll have to wait to see how they compare to Costco, my usual.

Mine just arrived today. I ordered 6 St. Louis racks. Mine appear to have been shipped fresh. Mine arrived by FedEx. All the ice packs fully frozen still after transit. Nice looking and thick. It is a real shame that some of us get free shipping but others aren’t so fortunate.

Comment

Had to write a thank you for posting this sale. When my ribs arrived I learned my neighbor was having guests from Spain visiting for a week so I gave him 2 racks. Afterwards they all told me how great the ribs were. Today was the first time I got to try a rack. Ours turned out fantastic on the SNS grill with a little Cherry. I have now gone back and ordered pork chops and will compare them to the ones we get from Porter Road. Again thanks for sharing this pork source.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here