Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FlatIron New Blend Green Ghost and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlatIron New Blend Green Ghost and

A deal on a 3 pack of their heat. Plus buy in next 48 hours they throw in a jar of the new amped up Green Hatch Pepper blend. Green Ghost ain't for the faint of heart at 550K on the Scoville Scale.

Did you know if you harvest certain types of chile peppers earlier in their growth cycle, they can have wildly different flavor profiles? Well, that's exactly what we did with the Ghost Pepper and we're super excited to announce our newest flavor, "Green Ghost"

Everyone is aware of the traditional deep smokiness you get from a fully ripened, Red Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia). But when you harvest the same plant a month or two before its full term, the Bhut Jolokia retains a rich vegetal and earthy flavor, almost similar to a Green Chile or Jalapeno. But don't be fooled by its green color, this Chile Pepper still maintains most of its heat and clocks in around 550k on the scoville heat scale.

We've found a really nice balance of flavors by combining the fully ripened Ghost Pepper together with the Green Ghost that is harvested a couple months prematurely. The result is a rich vegetal and earthy flavor with strong hints of citrus and a subtle smokiness that carries plenty of heat along with it. We've been enjoying this flavor in a wide variety of dishes, but using this within a Green Curry might be one of our favorites. Due to it's high level of heat, we recommend using it in dishes with a higher carb or fat content that can help soak up the heat, think things like Mac&Cheese, Pizza, BBQ, Stir-fry, sauces/marinades...

With the holidays approaching, we also wanted to provide an opportunity for many of you to share some of our hottest flavors with heat loving friends and family. So, we've developed the "SuperHot Set" below! This three pack combines our "I Can't Feel My Face" blend of Reaper, Scorpion, Ghost, and Habanero; Smoke Show - Smoked Ghost, Reaper, and Chipotle. And now our latest release Green Ghost!

For the next 48 hours we're offering a free bottle of our "Hot Edition - Hatch Valley Green"along with any order of the SuperHot Set. Just input the code "ADDHOTHATCH" when ordering the SuperHot Set and a free bottle will be included in your order! *No need to add the Hot Hatch to your cart.*

Well ordered the Green Ghost. Never had anything this hot that I know of. If I survive, I'll review. Wish me luck.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Luck!!!

Might wanna have some milk close to hand...,

Some like it hot, but me not.

Comment

Not for me. Jalapenos are about as hot as I like it.

Comment

I bought the amped up version of the Hatch Valley Green on a recent order, and really like it. I've got it in the pepper grinder I keep by the stove along side the salt and pepper shakers. I saw that email yesterday, but since I just got 3 bottles in the mail recently, I'll wait a while before I place another order.

Comment

I love me the FlatIron Pepper company. I do not yet have this Green Ghost, but I like spicy so I will almost certainly check it out. I have every other bottle they sell and buy at least three bottles every three month to six months. The variety is great, but I really love how the pepper flavor comes through with the spice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here