Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bear Mountain Pellets, Buy 1 Get 1 Free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Mountain Pellets, Buy 1 Get 1 Free.

Bear Mountain Pellets, BUY 1, Get 1 Free. (Limit 2 free bags)

CODE: SUMMER

If you’re looking to add rich, smoky flavor to your food without using anything artificial, our best wood pellets are from 100% all natural choice hardwoods.

Definitely a good deal but I have heard mixed reviews since a recent ownership change over the last year or so. I know glitchy had some recent issues.

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I am a Bear Mountain fan. I just picked up 4 bags of Bold. Shipping $12 (for 4 bags), but w/ 2 free it makes each 20lb bag $12. Great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      Thanks for sharing! I am a Bear Mountain fan. I just picked up 4 bags of Bold. Shipping $12 (for 4 bags), but w/ 2 free it makes each 20lb bag $12. Great deal.
      You're welcome! I snagged 4 bags of BOLD as well.

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        Me to! ^

• BruceB
        BruceB commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. Got 2 each of Hickory and Mesquite, $47 and change including shipping. Bought locally it would be about $10 to $11 per bag, plus our 10% sales tax, so it's at least than good and no driving to get it.

Is it that expensive in other areas? We can get it local for 9.99 a bag. We need to pay sales tax but buy it on a Tuesday at one of my local stores and get a 10% senior discount (55 and over).

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        For 20 lb bags? You're fortunate. I used to be happy getting reputable pellets for $1/lb. Anything less than that I consider a good deal.

• Midway
        Midway commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, 20 pound bag for 9.99 at Tractor Supply and if you are 55 or older, take off 10%. Coastal has Bear Mountain for 11.99 but they price match and while they have a 10% Sr. Discount, it is only offered on Tuesdays.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great deal!

Same. My tractor supply store carries them at 9.99. They do free ship to store as well if they dont have the ones you want.

Comment

thanks for sharing! never tried this brand yet. picked up 2 bags of bold and 2 bags of gourmet.

Comment

Originally posted by radiodome21 View Post
          thanks for sharing! never tried this brand yet. picked up 2 bags of bold and 2 bags of gourmet.
          :-) yw. I use both those kinds, and have had good results so far. In fact, that's the only 2 Bear Mountain varieties I own.

Comment

I've used Bear Mountain Pellets with good success. Our local Farm Store (Bomgaars) carries them and have periodic sales on them with no quantity limit. This week they are $3 off but I can't give you the regular price.

Comment

I’ve had mixed reviews with Bear Mountain pellets. My GMG seems to do decent with them. My RecTec seems to have issues but used to not, so something has changed. I can get them from our local Wilco or Tractor Supply for ~$10/bag. Cash & Carry (or whatever their name is this week) carries them for a little less. Wish they were consistent for me because they are good and a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tamidw View Post
                I’ve had mixed reviews with Bear Mountain pellets. My GMG seems to do decent with them. My RecTec seems to have issues but used to not, so something has changed. I can get them from our local Wilco or Tractor Supply for ~$10/bag. Cash & Carry (or whatever their name is this week) carries them for a little less. Wish they were consistent for me because they are good and a good deal.

What kind of Issues, on the Recteq? I have the Recteq RT-700

Comment

• tamidw
                  tamidw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They had seemed to do fine for several months and then they didn’t seem to work. I was constantly getting that bad white smoke. I had cleaned my smoker completely out, changed the pellets to a fresh bag of Bear Mtn, tried another brand at one point. I was in contact with the company multiple times and they had me try different burn pot/igniter, controller, seems like something else. We basically were trying anything. Finally was able to get it to work shortly then it had issues again.

• tamidw
                  tamidw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But when I finally got a completely different brand again (can’t remember which now), I didn’t have issues anymore. Not sure if they were just older pellets or something wrong with them. But I did try a brand new bag of them from the store and I had same issues. So now I just avoid using them in my rectec. I have the RT-600. But they work great in my GMG so don’t think it’s the pellets.

Thanks. Picked up 4 bags to round out my different types and with shipping came out to $12.50/bag. Good deal.

Comment

Picking up 4 bags myself, thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here