Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OBR deploys to Northern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBR deploys to Northern California

Give or Go
    details on link

Operation BBQ Relief delivers the healing power of BBQ in times of need, feeding first responders and communities affected by natural disasters.

Operation BBQ Relief, Pleasant Hill, Missouri. 116 likes. Disaster Response Organization providing hot meals after disaster strikes. www.OperationBBQRelief.org Follow us on Twitter at...

Done!

Comment

That is some crazy fires.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to the folks of California effected by this. Happy to contribute !!

Comment

I'm a couple of hours south from the Carr fire. Here is what the air quality looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	539742

Comment

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks a like Southern Oregon. Many fires are here, though far less structure damage than Carr. We had large lightening storm come through July 15th, lit many fires, and been burning since with temps hovering above 100 degrees many days. 102 today, 100 tomorrow, then supposed to cool. Good work OBR!

I signed up as a volunteer, but we have travel plans later in the week so can't be a lot of help. However, I will drop by and see what I can do. I could also talk to my local vendors and ask for donations. Has anyone here worked with OBR and can you offer some advice on interacting with them?

Comment

• Brewmaster
            Brewmaster commented
            Editing a comment
            Find the man with the clipboard or small computer and he is probably the one in charge, they are very easy to work with and like local people, this is a business to these people, they have it down, they know what to do. Find the big dude and tell him how you can help I worked with them for a week when we had our fires in Santa Rosa

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Brewmaster, trying to figure out where they set up. It looks like they're getting a good response, but I'd like to drop in and see what they're all about. I have been a member of a couple of state incident command teams as well as provided technical support on more than a few fires. I would definitely like to help any way I can. I can run a pretty mean steam cleaner!

Stan and the guys are good ol boys
          Facebook is a good place to interact with the team and get the feel for it

Comment

I saw that they were being deployed. I hope for the best. They are doing great things to help those in need.

Comment

My daughter just got evacuation orders from the Ranch fire, prepping for 2 large German Shepherds and 2 cats

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here