Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newsletter from "Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves" for Sept 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsletter from "Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves" for Sept 2017

I know this was an issue in Beijing and Shanghai. When I was in Mumbai, they had just limited or outlawed diesel engines to reduce smog emissions. I don't remember stoves being apart of the discussion. The smog layer in Mumbai was so bad we could barely see beyond a block or two. We used to head over to some islands off the coast and once you got about a 1/2 mile off the coast you could not longer even see the city. It was just a cloud of smog. When you would pass by the slum areas, you could see smoke wafting up from everywhere. These areas were always by the river and it was packed with people. This area was obviously not where all of the smog was coming from. There are thousands and thousands of busses, cars, trucks etc. packing PACKING the streets. Not too mention the heavy industry, ports etc.
    I can see where they are coming from. It is a really tough situation, you have so many people packed into such small area and in many cases they are living on top of each other. Many of which are poor and are not able to afford cleaner, more expensive options to cook meals for their families. This is an issue that is only going to get worse as population in these cities increases, but it good to see that some are being proactive.

Comment

I can see where this is sort of headed....... I think I'll pass on getting political or religious or whatever "they" decide who the problem is.

Comment

FireMan It's not about that, nor is that our angle. Just sharing what's being done by good people trying to help.

Comment

Humanity is not a political issue. Humanity is strong in the outdoor cooking community. Humanity is borderless.

As a long time supporter of cleaner cooking technologies (HELPs/Onil) I am offended when these issues are politicised. Hey it happens.

Than said, you can see beyond that to the need IMO.

Awareness goes along way to a solution. Thank you for the share on this.
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 29, 2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here