Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Million Meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Million Meals

As members of the Pitmaster Club we all support the efforts of Operation BBQ Relief (OBR). 5% of our membership money goes to this not-for-profit every year. We just received this email from them. Such an amazing achievement in so short a time!
    It has been a little over five years now since the birth of Operation BBQ Relief in Joplin, MO. Since then, we have deployed to 19 different states after 31 disasters, spent almost 200 days total on location during a disaster and have had almost 4000 people volunteer their time, hard work, and skills to help support our mission.

Each deployment has come with its challenges, but we’ve been able to overcome and use them as a learning experience to make the next deployment more effective and more efficient. We’ve gained some incredible contributions from our communities and corporate partners and have been able to grow with each deployment because of their dedication and support.

On our most recent deployment, we hit a milestone that, five years ago, we never would have dreamed would be a reality. During Saturday’s dinner service in Hammond, Louisiana, OBR volunteers served our 1,000,000th hot BBQ meal. This meal signifies not only a huge number of meals served, but just how much our disaster relief organization has grown to make a huge impact on those affected by devastation.

We are an organization made up of volunteers who are BBQ guys and gals that, when deployed, get together and cook thousands of pounds of food each day just because we want to do good and help those that need it. We also have many volunteers who work behind the scenes planning fundraisers and ways to improve the next deployment. These volunteers are donating their personal time - in between school functions and little league games, and of course, their day jobs. We are ordinary, everyday people who together have created something extraordinary.

Operation BBQ Relief has also received incredible support from donors. We receive no government funding and our work is made possible through both large corporate donations and the many, many individual donations that add up to 1,000,000 meals.

1,000,000 meals is quite an accomplishment, yes, but we could never have made it this far without people like you. It is an honor to be able to share this milestone with you. We believe that Operation BBQ Relief is everyone's organization and you are all part of the #iamOBRmovement.

Thank you for being an important part of our journey to our 1,000,000th meal! We invite you to stay on the journey by continuing to volunteer and support our fundraising and awareness efforts.

That's great, but I must admit that my first thought when I saw the title was that it was Jerod Broussard you were talking about. LOL

Comment

• LangInGibsonia
      LangInGibsonia commented
      Editing a comment
      First thing that came to my mind too! Too funny.

Originally posted by RonB View Post
    That's great, but I must admit that my first thought when I saw the title was that it was Jerod Broussard you were talking about. LOL
    Ha....ha.....ha....ha....

Comment

OBR is a great group to support

Comment

The amazing thing is that around 1/4 of those meals happened during this last deployment! Definitely becoming a major player in the disaster response world.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
        The amazing thing is that around 1/4 of those meals happened during this last deployment! Definitely becoming a major player in the disaster response world.

Yes it's an impressive and sobering thought at the same time.

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          agreed... not a goal or a number you want to see increasing ... but if it has to I'm glad it is a quality organization like this that is having such a positive impact.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here