Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) Prepares for Hurricane Ian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) Prepares for Hurricane Ian

This was from OBR on Wednesday 9/28, more updates to come:

Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 9:24 PM
    To: <undisclosed-recipients:;>
    Subject: Operation BBQ Relief Prepared to Respond to Hurricane Ian

Partners, Sponsors and Supporters, (this is being sent as a BCC but intended for you)

I am writing to you from an OBR camper I am pulling Florida in an RV Park near the TN/GA line. Team OBR has been busy behind the scenes preparing our equipment and moving it to strategic locations to stage it for quick movement into the affected areas after Hurricane Ian makes landfall and passes. The team is ready to serve the communities impacted by Hurricane Ian. Hurricane Ian is expected to strengthen to Category 4 today with over 130 mph winds, heavy rains and devastating flooding. Our team has also maintained constant communication with local, state, and government officials.

We are anticipating a 2-3 week deployment with a significant need for hot meals. Once all our equipment is on the ground we will have capacity to serve upwards of 60,000 meals per day.

As we respond to Hurricane Ian, we encourage you to sign up as a volunteer and donate at OBR.org. Additionally, please share our social media posts with your team and followers. With the increased cost of fuel and food, this will be one of the most costly deployments we have done. We will need your support so we can help feed those in need of a hot meal!

We appreciate your efforts to further our mission.

LINK: https://operationbbqrelief.org/ways-to-give/

Much Respect,

Pictures of equipment getting on the road.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OBR1.jpg Views:	30 Size:	352.7 KB ID:	1301634 Click image for larger version  Name:	OBR2.jpg Views:	30 Size:	406.6 KB ID:	1301635 Click image for larger version  Name:	OBR3.jpg Views:	80 Size:	260.8 KB ID:	1301632 Click image for larger version  Name:	OBR4.jpg Views:	30 Size:	246.5 KB ID:	1301633

​

Ways to Give Ways to Give STOCKS, BONDS, AND CRYPTOCURRENCY Operation BBQ Relief is grateful for the donation of stocks, bonds, and cryptocurrency. Please contact our accounting team at [email protected] to arrange a stock, bond, or cryptocurrency transfer. GENERAL BEQUEST A general bequest is a great way to make a legacy gift to Operation BBQ

Here’s a link for anyone wishing to donate.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I forgot their link! I added it above too.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee Do I get a free year’s membership for all the trouble I went to? 🥸

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Sent in a donation. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Donation sent.

Comment

Bump, This is going to be a long recovery. Just saw pictures of Pine Island.

Comment

A good buddy of mine who I used to work with & fish with & bowl with and hang out with just recently moved to FL with his wife, into his now-deceased grandfather's home that he acquired and is remodeling. In Englewood, FL. Englewood was right dead center of the area where Ian made landfall, between Sarasaota and Punta Gorda. I was surprised he didn't evacuate. He shared some videos & pics during & after and he was so fortunate. He has to replace a privacy fence he'd just put up 2 weeks ago, a few shingles and ridgecap, and 1 palm tree fell in his yard. That's it. Of course no power, wifi or cell signal, but I am surprised with the massive devastation for mile & miles all around him that he was so fortunate. I told him he was brave (I was thinking more "stupid", but chose to be nice) and he said "No, not brave. Dumb. I won't do it again." He was born & raised in MI like me, we get tornaodes here and there but those only last 20 mins, 5 mins for the really bad part, and he has only lived in Englewood about 2 or 3 months. He was baptized by fire I guess you could say.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty much everyone who’s been through a serious hurricane, and lives, says they’ll never do it again.

• randy56
              randy56 commented
              Editing a comment
              And some fool rode it out in a house boat.

FWIW, friends of mine in Houston circa KATRINA told me about OBBQR serving their neighborhood and suggested I check them out and support OBBQR. I was happy to tell them I'd been supporting OBBQR for years. My support has not stopped. I'm old enough to have friends and relatives all over FLA so stepped up several days ago. DISCLOSURE - I do have a few (like, four) "specialized" relief charities I support regularly BUT have no personal affiliation or conflict with any of them. I just like their work. OBBQR is one of those four. After I retired from active legal practice, I provided legal advice and assistance to several charities for free. I have since given up my "active" membership in the local bar association. SO! This endorsement is given as a retired lawyer AND private citizen. I just like what OBBQR does and how they do it.

Comment

Well put Harry, Many of the charities, people donate to, do stop and think where all the money is going. Such as CEO salaries, perks and such. And what percentage of the dollar really makes it to those in need.

Comment

Operation BBQ Relief starts feeding thousands in Florida (kshb.com)​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here