Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA: Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Reports Weber's Recall Of 6 Metal Wire Bristle Grill Brushes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    PSA: Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Reports Weber's Recall Of 6 Metal Wire Bristle Grill Brushes

    As Michael_in_TX kindly shared a few days ago, Weber has issued a voluntary recall of 3 million metal wire bristle grill brushes spanning 6 models. We have a review of the new 18" Cold Cleaning Nylon Bristle Brush similar to what Weber will replace the recalled wire ones with.

    Full article on Weber's Recall from CPSC:
    https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2026/We...gestion-Hazard

    Weber's website: https://weberbrushrecall.expertinquiry.com/?lang=en

    We no longer recommend ANY metal wire bristle grill brushes.

    Worthy of note, only Weber's branded brushes are part of this recall, yet MANY manufacturers make wire bristle grill brushes. Please discard any that you own and thoroughly clean and inspect all of your cooking grates for wire bristles.

    #2
    Thru them out and bought Lodge chainmail scrubber. The new scrubber Works Fantastic.
    Thanks for the post.

    Comment


    • Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, those work really well. Plus, anytime you get to play around with chainmail, it's pretty sweet. LOL

    • jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a chain mail scrubber I bought for my cast iron and griddle top, and it works really well. Mine does not have a silicone core like that Lodge one though, and is just a piece of chainmail that I spread out or ball up as needed. I may need to trade up to that Lodge one, as it looks easier to use on something like a grate. Obviously when it is cold.

    #3
    Thank you for all you do Huskee

    Comment


    • Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      You're very welcome.

    #4
    We should have a more detailed report on this soon.

    Comment


      #5
      Did someone say chainmail?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2510.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	1829086

      Comment


        #6
        FYI, the process the make a claim is a few steps, but for me worked rather seamless (not so seamless for Clint though). You make a claim by filling out your name, address, email, etc, at the link above. They email (or text? can't remember) you a link to an app to download and take a picture of your old Weber brush. I suppose this is to prevent fraud. You install that app, which is specifically for this, it's not a scam (in case you see the link to an outside app and are leery). Take a pic of your brush with that app, click 'Finish', and you should get a reply from them shortly thereafter.

        Comment


          #7
          Just put my old unknown brand wire brush in the trash!

          Comment


            #8
            My submission was approved and I was notified via email last week that it should ship in a couple of days. Today I get the email below. So this will now take at least 2 months.


            Hello,

            My name is Chris and I am the Supervisor of the Weber Order Management Team.

            I am reaching out regarding your order for the replacement cold brush following the voluntary wire brush claim process.

            We appreciate your patience as we are doing our best to ship your order to you as quickly as we can. At this time we are estimating your order should ship and you will receive an email with your tracking number in the next 4-6 weeks.

            If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call the Weber Order Management Team at 877-719-2587.

            Thank you​
            Last edited by fuzzydaddy; March 24, 2026, 11:38 AM.

            Comment


              #9
              I thought everyone quit using wire bristle brushes years ago. I’m not gonna lie. I’m kind of embarrassed. I’m still using my wire bristle brush however it’s about eight years old and it has so much. Grease built up in it that it’s impossible for any of the wire bristles to come off. I should post a picture of what not to do/use

              Comment


              • ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                Editing a comment
                I still use mine, only thing that works 100% for me... I do wipe grates to clear off anything that might have stayed behind before food goes on.

            Announcement

            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            0
            Guest
            Guest
            500
            ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
            7