Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Doesn’t Suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Doesn’t Suck!

Talking ‘bout my old Vac Sealer. Anyone have a recommendation on a replacement?

And Merry Christmas, all y’all!

It is just my wife and me. We us an 8” Food Saver Brand and freeze food in portions for 2.

Comment

Just replace mine with 100.00 food saver it's been great

Comment

A friend bought a used vacuum machine off some shady looking guys in a hotel,but didn't think much of it at the time. Brought it over to my house and it didn't function well, so we decided to pull it to bits to see if we could fix it. Found the problem.... all jammed up with coke.......

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          This is quite funny

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pepsi doesn't jam stuff up. After too much Coke, people often have to see Dr. Pepper.

Depending on how much you do. I bought a Vacmaster Duo 550 it's a chamber vac and a vacuum sealer. Think I used the vacuum sealer once but the chamber sealer is awesome. Looking back I wish I would have bought a stand alone chamber vac larger than my current one. If you do a lot of vac which I do a fair amount they will pay for themselves over time. Chamber vac bags are pennies compared to Vac sealer rolls or bags.

Not to mention you can do soups, stews, stocks anything liquid in a chamber vac.
        If it wouldn't cost so much to ship I'd offer it up for sale and invest in a larger chamber vac!
        Hey wait a minute...Oooohhh Spinaker you're within pick or delivery area!!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I might be interested! (Sorry for the delay is getting back to you, I was out for the holiday)

Get one that does suck.

If you only use it occasionally, get one of the Foodsavers. And if you use it a lot, a chamber vac sealer might be better.

Comment

My family got me a VacMaster VP215 a couple years ago and it is one of the best gifts ever. If you sous vide, it’s awesome. I use it all the time and not just for cooking related activities. There’s definitely some sticker shock, but it’s a great piece of kit. Let me know if you’re interested in seeing it. I’m just around the corner in Lorton.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            The slighty less expensive VP-112s model also works great. We've had its predecessor model (VP-112) at least 8 or 9 years.

I had an older $100 Foodsaver for a couple of years before it gave out. I'm thinking my second $100 Foodsaver (slightly different model) is giving out now. Symptoms: keeps trying so suck air without recognizing it is done. It does not go into the seal mode.

I like the Foodsaver because it is relatively small and light. Once it does go out I will check out T-bone 's and EdF 's advice.
          Last edited by tbob4; December 25, 2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            I went through 3 before I bit the bullet and bought the chamber. Always worth trying first. Besides I think it was my own sloppiness that killed the first three.

Anyone use a LEM from Cabelas? They look like a good quality sealer too. Maybe a little better than our Foodsaver?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here