Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adapter for Pit Viper on a PK Classic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adapter for Pit Viper on a PK Classic?

Hi all,

I'm ogling the PK Xlassic, and before deciding on one, I thought about mounting my Pit Viper fan on it. It is generally a stable grill, but it's fun being able to run with a PID controller. Now the classic has it's air inlet vents on the bottom of the grill, and they're rectangular 'sliders'. So I thought I'd ask if any of you have seen a Pit Viper fan mounted on the PK Classic?

As I can see it the only way to mount one is to drill a hole for a 1/2 inch ball valve and then get an adapter, as I haven't been able to find an adapter for the bottom vents. But I bet some of you pit members either have firsthand experience, or have heard of different ways of doing it. So if you have any ideas or suggestions just holler :-)

I think I would go with the inducer adaptor. That is what I did with my Broil King Keg and it worked great. I used a step bit and drilled it out. You may've to be careful with the cast aluminum but you should be fine. And I know you are handy enough to do it, obviously. You simply plug in the fan to the adapter and close the bottom dampers, just like you would on your Eggs.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	bulkhead-bbq-adaptor.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.3 KB ID:	776967

(The ball valve adaptor would also work, but I am not really familiar with it as I used the one indicated above.)

Comment

That inducer seems like the way to go. Nice and easy. Thanks Spinaker!

Comment

The fireboard fan has spring clips and I’ve used it on the pk classic with a little aluminum foil to get a good seal. No mod required. I think it’s an Auber rebrand

I would probably still drill if I wanted to use it all the time.
        Last edited by Polarbear777; December 8, 2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here